[SOLVED] Can a Corsair VS500 80+White handle the 5600XT?

Iel

Prominent
May 30, 2019
I'm planning to upgrade GPU (currently an RX 570 and a Ryzen 7 2700), but there's the question... can I keep the VS500 for some time without problems?

Solution
I'm planning to upgrade GPU (currently an RX 570 and a Ryzen 7 2700), but there's the question... can I keep the VS500 for some time without problems?
If it's grey label, you can keep it for now. But if any sort of problems occur, replace it as soon as possible.
Later, try to get something like a CX550 grey label.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
If it's grey label, you can keep it for now. But if any sort of problems occur, replace it as soon as possible.

Reactions: Iel
Solution

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Good response, also as far as your current PSU the answer is YES it will with the 5600XT just fine. No need to upgrade IMHO just ride the PSU until one day it is dead which can be tomorrow or in 10 years... no body knows.

Iel

Prominent
May 30, 2019
If it's grey label, you can keep it for now. But if any sort of problems occur.
yes, it's a gray label. What kind of problems are these you referring to?

Good response, also as far as your current PSU the answer is YES it will with the 5600XT just fine. No need to upgrade IMHO just ride the PSU until one day it is dead which can be tomorrow or in 10 years... no body knows.
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Am running My Ryzen 5 3600 paired with GTX 1650 Super, with a Corsair VS 500 it works well no issues so far, Upgrade to CX variant re if you want

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
yes, it's a gray label. What kind of problems are these you referring to?

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.
If it's old, there MIGHT be sudden crashes or restarts when under load/gaming (no BSOD, no warning, no nothing). That happens when PSU is failing. Normally, it isn't much noticable. But when you put the PSU under heavy load, you'll start discovering it's faults. Almost any PSU can power a system with iGPU even though it's slowly dying. But it becomes more obvious when you put a power-hungry GPU(RX 570 is a power-hungry beast).

Note: ANY PSU will fail if used continuously for years no matter the quality. Some fail in 2/3 years, some easily last about 8-10 years without problems.

Let's hope there'll be no problems with your unit. At least until you get another one. Just be sure to keep an eye on the PSU. Any unnatural behavior = you should stop and diagnose if it's the PSU

Iel

Prominent
May 30, 2019
If it's old, there MIGHT be sudden crashes or restarts when under load/gaming (no BSOD, no warning, no nothing). That happens when PSU is failing. Normally, it isn't much noticable. But when you put the PSU under heavy load, you'll start discovering it's faults. Almost any PSU can power a system with iGPU even though it's slowly dying. But it becomes more obvious when you put a power-hungry GPU(RX 570 is a power-hungry beast).

Note: ANY PSU will fail if used continuously for years no matter the quality. Some fail in 2/3 years, some easily last about 8-10 years without problems.

Let's hope there'll be no problems with your unit. At least until you get another one. Just be sure to keep an eye on the PSU. Any unnatural behavior = you should stop and diagnose if it's the PSU

Oh, yes, I get it. My PSU is almost two years old. I'll keep that in mind, too.