[SOLVED] Can a GTX 1060 Physically Collide With Its Neighbouring Ram Card Slot ?

Sirijan

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016
Can a GTX 1060, being placed within PCIe 2.0x16 slot, possibly collide with its neighbouring ram card slot (Physically), which is often added really close, for post 2011 motherboards eg - Asus P8H61-M LX (Slots being quite close to one another)
Hcbdbcd4529894581be4eb9053faf2fa3n.jpg

This is actually the mother board that I presently have xd, Was having some idea’s on getting a gtx 1060 after a fine discount, yet while measuring the dimensions of a GTX 1060, it’s width is of around 42mm, which might cause the actual card to collide with its neighbouring ram, I personally do not own a GTX 1060, so thought might confirm the possibilities. thanks for your help !!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
On a Dell OEM board I had a similar situation. The release tabs would bump up against the card when I wanted to pull out RAM, preventing the tab from opening all the way. It was still open enough for the RAM to come out easily, but it was obvious that the video card was blocking the tab from moving further outward.

It strikes me as a poorly thought-out layout, but it's never given me any real problem.

Reactions: Sirijan

TRENDING THREADS