Can a put 2 fans on both sides of this AIO liqud cooler?

Potato825

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2016
I know this is a dumb question, but can you put 2 fans on each side of a 240mm AIO liquid cooler, i have seen people put fans on both sides of 120mm AIO liqud coolers, but i have never seen anyone put fans on both sides of a 240mm AIO liqud cooler, maybe because it does not help with temps., or it just looks dumb, but could i put 2 fans on both sides of my AIO liquid cooler, this is my cooler

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835494019&cm_re=lepa_240-_-35-494-019-_-Product

Solution
G
Hmm, if you would want to use your fans, go ahead, it just that it will be a bit useless thats all.

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
There isn't anything stopping you. I think the reason people dont do it is because the temp improvement wouldnt be worth it and you probably need longer screws to do 4 fans.

G

Putting another set of fans would actually make it harder for re-arranging your things (speaking from experience) i actually DID install teo fance once, but it just made my setup louder, and no major temp changes. Plus the size increases and makes it harder to kinda put it in a place where it wouldent block anything.

Potato825

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2016

it is just that i have 2 red LED fans on the front of my case where my AIO liquid cooler would go and i do not want to remove the 2 LED fans, so i want to just attach the AIO liquid cooler to 2 LED in the fan and then that would leave me with 4 fans, would that be fine?

Potato825

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2016

it is just that i have 2 red LED fans on the front of my case where my AIO liquid cooler would go and i do not want to remove the 2 LED fans, so i want to just attach the AIO liquid cooler to 2 LED in the fan and then that would leave me with 4 fans, would that be fine?

and also i would not mind it being harder to move everything, also the case i would be using is big enough to where i don't think it would be that big of a problem.

G

Hmm, if you would want to use your fans, go ahead, it just that it will be a bit useless thats all.

Solution

ImGeraldBurns

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017

Yea it will be fine. If you want you can also remove the stock fans that come with your AIO and just use your LED fans so it isn't so bulky. Just keep an eye on your CPU temperatures at idle and while gaming for a bit to make sure your LED fans are pushing enough air through your radiator. Do you know if your LED fans are static pressure?

G

You can do what i TRYED but sorta not failed, which is to attach a cpu radiator plus fan on it (if you have) i know it's ridiculous, but it worked a little, untill i realized it was useless, so nevermind. (I wonder if you can water cool a water cooler)

You can put 2 fans in both sides of the AIO's rad. This is called the Push AND Pull setup (as opposed to the Push OR Pull setup).

Generally speaking, the main advantage of a Push AND Pull setup is keeping your temps low by providing the SAME amount of airflow at a GREATER static pressure and at a LESSER noise/rpm (by adjusting the fan curves) compared to having fans on only 1 side of the rad spinning at a faster/noisier rpm during full loads. Another advantage is you can "show-off" your rad fans (especially the ones with the LED lighting and all) at the exposed side of the radiator, and hide the "not-so-aesthetically-pleasing" fans (ahem, Noctua?) on the concealed side of the rad.

The Push AND Pull setup has its disadvantages. 1) Dust build-up/Cleaning the rad surface on the Push side (where you would have to remove the Push fans for access). 2) Space constraints, especially for small/mid-sized cases due to the total thickness of 2 sets of fans + radiator. 3) Impeding, visual and airflow, depending on the case layout, as the thick setup would most probably block/obstruct other components (such as the rear exhaust fan, RAM slots, etc.).

Where will the hot air go? The fluid flows through the tubing and over the heatsink contact area. That heats the fluid inside. The fluid continues on its way to the radiator. Once there the fluid is cooled should the airflow, the flow of the fluid inside and ambient temps. be where they need to be. Air is normally pushed over the fins which help to cool the fluid and the air on the other side of the radiator is considered the exhaust because, it is. So you're heating up your case by just a little bit. Why can't you leave those oh so pretty fans where they are and install the radiator on the rear or top of the case. You offer no case make or model numbers so I've no clue.