Can a tablet be used as a GPS in a car?

GabeBB

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016
Hi everyone, sorry if this questions is silly but I'm not familiar with this stuff. I did google this a while ago and came up with some articles that said it can be used, but I'm wondering if it will meet the requirements of what my dad wants to do with it. He doesn't want just for a map to show up on screen, he wants traffic updates and stuff. Is that possible with a tablet if one buys a program or service? And if so, what do you all recommend?

Thanks and happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it :)

Solution
GPS on a tablet would be the same thing as on a phone or on a GPS device. You just need to have service on a tablet for real-time updates. If all you want a tablet for is navigation, then a GPS device like a Garmin would be better since there is no monthly fee. Or just use a smartphone which he likley has.
GPS on a tablet would be the same thing as on a phone or on a GPS device. You just need to have service on a tablet for real-time updates. If all you want a tablet for is navigation, then a GPS device like a Garmin would be better since there is no monthly fee. Or just use a smartphone which he likley has.

Solution