[SOLVED] Can amd a8-9600 run with 2666mhz ddr4 ram?

Nov 27, 2020
I am building a new pc but since i am at really low budget. So i will start buying a Asus a320m-k and combine it with amd a8 9600.

My biggest concern right now is will it be still running when i am using 2666mhz modules? Because the ram supported by the processor is 2400 mhz

Solution
Yes it'll still work.

All ram modules, no matted the speed, be it 2666, 3200, 4000 or anywhere inbetween, conform to a minimum standard speed to be compatible with any motherboard.

Think of it like every ram has imbedded presets or modes the motherboard reads and runs them at. Presets include the basic first step speed of 2133. Ram might also have another preset of 2400, and then again at 2666 and so on. It is guaranteed 2666 ram will at least run at 2133.

You'll just have to see what your ram offers you. A program called Cpuz will show you preset modes your ram has under SPD tab.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Only if 2666 ram has an imbedded SPD profile for 2400 that it'll run at such speeds automatically. Or you can manually adjust it to 2400 if fallback speed drops to 2133.

Won't really know until ram is in the system and running and use cpuz to verify what speeds it can run at below 2666.

Nov 27, 2020
I am building a new pc but since i am at really low budget. So i will start buying a Asus a320m-k and combine it with amd a8 9600.

My biggest concern right now is will it be still running when i am using 2666mhz modules? Because the ram supported by the processor is 2400 mhz

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yes it'll still work.

All ram modules, no matted the speed, be it 2666, 3200, 4000 or anywhere inbetween, conform to a minimum standard speed to be compatible with any motherboard.

Think of it like every ram has imbedded presets or modes the motherboard reads and runs them at. Presets include the basic first step speed of 2133. Ram might also have another preset of 2400, and then again at 2666 and so on. It is guaranteed 2666 ram will at least run at 2133.

You'll just have to see what your ram offers you. A program called Cpuz will show you preset modes your ram has under SPD tab.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
My guess, the Poland-Slovakia neighborhood, in which case prices are considerably nuts.

I'd avoid the A320 if at all possible, it's a dead-end motherboard, especially the really cheap models. Meaning when you do find yourself really disappointed with the 9600 and budget allows moving up to a stronger cpu, your options will be limited.