This are my PC specs
Ryzen 3 1200
Gtx1050 Asus expedition
4Gb corsair vengeance
500+160seagate HDD physical
450W corsair VS450

The corsair VS450 is malfunctioning
It's an orange PSU so I'm considering changing it
Can you help me suggest a good affordable one that won't break the Bank?
Also based on my Rig configuration what wattage should I get?

Solution
What, do you think of the Cooler master MWE 80+ white PSU?

I don't think I can get the bitfenix as I'm in India

I have three options as of now
Cooler master MWE 550W white certified
Or CM MWE 550W bronze or
CX550 GRAY

which one do I go for?

Between those three, unless the MWE is the newest "V2", the CX550 is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY better than the Cooler Master options.
Great Deal on a 550w below:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $59.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-09 22:26 EST-0500
the

I heard CX series are not Good... Should I still get it?

This coming from someone with a VS?

The CX are quite good.

Ask the people that said CX isn't good to provide a list of alternatives and I'll rip those to shreds. ;-)

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

JackFrostSekhose

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
This coming from someone with a VS?

The CX are quite good.

Ask the people that said CX isn't good to provide a list of alternatives and I'll rip those to shreds. ;-)
Haha
Alright alright I guess CX are good then..

So the question is
Is 450W enough if I am considering to buy another 8 gigs of ram
And what, do yall think of the Cooler master MWE550 80+white ?

Last edited:
It is the old CX series (with green label) that was quite bad. New CX series (grey label) is way better.

More RAM will make virtually no difference in terms of power consumption, few watts at most. GPU and CPU (especially the GPU) are the biggest power hogs, like 90% of total computer power when combined, even more in high-end rigs.

Also, stick with Corsair CX recommended above.

JackFrostSekhose

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019

Or CM MWE 550W bronze or
CX550 GRAY

which one do I go for?

it's funny... because cx had two different platforms at that time, the 750+w being a bit better

The CX750M and CX850M were always the same. The only thing that changed on the "CX750M V2 2017 Edition" as I've seen it listed sometimes, is that the MOSFETs are Infineon brand and the D2D card's IC changed. But that change was rolled into all of the CX-M's by that time, including the CP-9020123.

It's funny really.. you can buy either CP-9020154-NA on Newegg today for $89.99 or buy the CP-9020123-NA on Newegg for $10 less and inside the box is the exact same PSU.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

Or CM MWE 550W bronze or
CX550 GRAY

which one do I go for?

Between those three, unless the MWE is the newest "V2", the CX550 is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY better than the Cooler Master options.

Solution
i didn't mean the 2015/17 ones, i meant the 2012 cx/cxm being different platforms. I'm aware of the 2015 vs 2017 changes, even if i don't see why the 2017 isn't a modular cx to this day

also, fun to see you here as well

I'm talking about early CX750M and CX850M as well. Even with the label color change, there is only one CX750M/CX850M. They were ALWAYS the same platform since day one.

LukeSavenije

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
I'm talking about early CX750M and CX850M as well. Even with the label color change, there is only one CX750M/CX850M. They were ALWAYS the same platform since day one.
wait... just for clarification, I'm taking about these two
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CVkD4D/corsair-power-supply-cx750m
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JF...d-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020154-na (and the 2015, but those two are similar to my knowledge)

because then that's new to me

wait... just for clarification, I'm taking about these two
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CVkD4D/corsair-power-supply-cx750m
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JF...d-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020154-na (and the 2015, but those two are similar to my knowledge)

because then that's new to me

Correct. There was only ever one CX750M/CX850M. They are and always have been based off the CWT PUQ-B platform with DC to DC. Regardless of the color of the label.

The only thing the color of the label could designate is sleeve bearing fan (old) versus rifle bearing fan (new).

The lower wattages with the green labels were all DSAIII based and didn't have DC to DC.

Reactions: LukeSavenije