[SOLVED] Can anyone help me? I want to know if my new EATX motherboard will fit in my Lian Li o11 XL ROG case with my rtx 3080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid radiator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
61E1wKaBPwS._AC_SX679_.jpg
I currently have a Lian Li o11 xl rog pc case. I ordered a new Asrock z490 aqua motherboard with a intel i9 11900k. I'm worried with this large eatx motherboard and my gpu evga rtx 3080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid. I currently have the radiator that is attached to my gpu is mounted vertically at the right side of the motherboard so I'm wondering if it will still fit that way with new larger motherboard in this case? Any help is appreciated. Would like to find out if it will work b4 I startl trying to install it. I know the eatx motherboard fits as shown in the image below but in the image it shows it going over the area to the right of it where a 360mm radiator and fans can fit but can both fit together the eatx motherboard and the radiator and fans to the right of it? It seems possible that the eatx motherboard could go in and may partially go in front of the fans and radiator which i dont mind but the gpu's radiator and fans that are attached to the card is a pretty thick setup so thats why im worried that the fans on the radiator will stop the eatx motherboard from being secured. If there is a way to get it to fit but it has to block part of the bottom fan and block the rgb lights partially i dont mind as long as everything runs correctly like it is supposed to.

O11D-xl-s08-01.png

O11D-xl-s04-00.png

NVIDIA-EVGA-GeForce-RTX-3080-Ti-FTW3-HYBIRD-12G-Graphics-Card-2G-P5-3968-KR.png

Last edited:

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
it says it on their homepage and a customer service rep told me that a eatx motherboard fits in the case but im waiting to hear back from lian li or anyone to let me know if my lian li o11 xl rog case will fit a eatx motherboard with a 2 fan radiator to the right of the motherboard. i know a atx motherboard and the radiator fits to the right of it but it looks pretty close for a eatx with a radiator. i currently have two 360mm radiators and one 240mm radiator connected to my evga rtx 3080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid and i have the gpu radiator to the right of my atx motherboard but im trying to install a eatx motherboard in my lian li o11 xl rog case if possible?

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
Just spoke with pc case manufacturer Lian Li and they told me unfortunately with my case the o11 XL ROG edition if i install a EATX motherboard a radiator with fans will not fit to the right of the motherboard because it is too thick and sticks out to much and will hit the motherboard so if i want to install the EATX motherboard with my gpu which is a EVGA RTX 3080 Ti Ftw3 Ultra Hybrid which has the radiator with 2 pc fans attached to the card for liquid cooling ill have to get rid of one of my 360mm radiator and fans setups and install a 120mm fan and radiator with the gpu's radiator and fans next to it on the top of the pc which is kind of disappointing because i did want to add to my custom loop and cool other stuff but i guess a 360mm radiator and a 120mm radiator should be enough to cool the new motherboard which cools the cpu and vrm. Luckily gpu is independently cooled. I guess it shouldnt matter considering nothing else in my pc currently gets hot and needs to be liquid cooled but that is with my current motherboard which is a Asus x299 mark 2 so hopefully on the new motherboard the ram and m.2 ssd drives stay cool which i think they will.

I think eventually im going to switch to the Thermaltake Tower 900 which is a huge case that can fit everything.
DO3lQSiXUAEki_a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.