Question Can anyone help me please? PC has started Rebooting when I try game

Nov 9, 2022
Hi,
could really use a hand here if anyone is super knowledgeable about PC's and weird issues with them ? I could play Escape From Tarkov for hours or days and no issue but now it will randomly reboot my PC. The screen will go black with blotches of the game on screen then the pc reboots and acts completely fine till next time it happens. I found out last night though that if I try play another game (mount and blade 2) it literally does it consistently after 5 mins or so everytime. It is not overheating as temps are 40-60 max and its never hot. I reinstalled graphics drivers with a clean reinstallation and I updated Windows and drivers for everything and also the BIOS. Cant see anything in event manager to give me any clues.

It is weird as it has worked for months fine on any game. I could play star citizen or Tarkov for 12+ hours no bother and those games are super heavy on RAM and CPU usage so I am baffled.
I ran a Windows memory Diagnostic(all fine) and a MemTest86(All fine). The only thing I changed in the last month is updated Windows and Nvidia graphics drivers.

The PC does not do this if I do anything else it is only when playing games.
I turned XMP off to see if it made a difference and it does not.
I also rolled back the NVIDIA drivers and it did not fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) thank you
my setup is :
Intel 12900k
3070TI
850w gold PSU
ASUS Z690 P motherboard
32gb DDR5 6000mhz RAM
Windows 11

In Event viewer the only things I see around the reboot are these :

1. The iommu fault reporting has been initialized
  2. The latest occurrence was at 3.18am. I have no events logged from 3.14 onwards however andthe last event at 3.14 is an error which says : A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) whilewaiting for the Intel(R) SUR QC Software Asset Manager service to connect

3. I cant tell if the below is before or after the reboot:
ACPI thermal zone \_TZ.TZ00 has been enumerated.
_PSV = 0K
_TC1 = 0
_TC2 = 0
_TSP = 0ms
_AC0 = 353K
_AC1 = 328K
_AC2 = 323K
_AC3 = 318K
_AC4 = 313K
_AC5 = 0K
_AC6 = 0K
_AC7 = 0K
_AC8 = 0K
_AC9 = 0K
_CRT = 378K
_HOT = 0K
minimum throttle = 0
_CR3 = 0K

Nov 9, 2022
Hey there,

I have 2 16gb sticks. I actually may have solved the issue. Still testing but have ran a game for 20 minutes and no reboots yet. Further than its gotten in a while. I rolled back the Nvidia Drivers to September rather than October and it works. Really weird.

Thanks for your reply :). I done another user bench mark to test PC and it is saying my SSD is missing which is alarming haha but it is clearly working so I don't know lol

Nov 9, 2022
What's the exact PSU? There are some rather average "Gold, 850W" PSUs that are known for having trouble with the transient loads in today's higher end GPUs. Like the EVGA GQ series because of the cheaper topology FSP used.
Hey there the PSU is : Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 850 Watt Power Supply (135 mm Magnetic Levitation Fan, Wide Compatibility, Reliabile Japanese Capacitors, Extremely Fast Wake-from-Sleep) UK - Black

Nov 9, 2022
Thanks for that. I also noticed that in event viewer the only common error that always appears before a reboot is this : A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Intel(R) SUR QC Software Asset Manager service to connect.

Have you ever heard of that software before? Wonder could it have such an effect on the PC.

Nov 9, 2022
It seems to work now after removing that. I Cant say for sure but I went from not able to load into a game of Tarkov to playing a full game out. If this fixed it i am happy but why in the name of god did it suddenly start doing it I wonder as have had that on my PC since I built it in July.

Thanks all for the tips will confirm this time tomorrow if it is still working ok

Nov 9, 2022
Ok so an update on this. Removing the intel software did not fix it. I put in an extra power cable so my cpu was originally just getting one 8 pin and now both the 8 pin and extra 4 pin are in and working away.

The issue remains though. It lasted today for 7 or 8 hours then done it. I have a new PSU here to swap in to see if it makes any difference but I am so lost as to why this is happening :(

Also I found in maintenance reliability history that an error comes up but not at the times it reboots and its few and far between but it says :

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffd48c00f84050
Parameter 2: fffff8048893b870
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 1f78
OS version: 10_0_22621
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057