Question Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my computer?

Mar 2, 2022
I finally could buy a new graphic card, still crazy prices but after saving money for a while I did it. I thought it was a perfect setup and but now I'm not happy at all.
I bought a ROG Strix RX 6600XT 8GB OC and a 144Hz monitor to finish my setup:
  • ROG Strix B550-F gaming
  • Ryzen 5 5600X (stock, no OC)
  • 2x8 DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz
  • Corsair CX650 (PSU)
  • Asus VP249QGR monitor
The computer just doesn't run smoothly. Games have good FPS but something I felt like mini freezes (1ms talking but like a freezes, I don't know how to call it) that ruins my experience and even worst, it frustrate me a lot cause I spent a lot of money (according to my budget) and I'm not getting a good experience playing old games.
I'm coming from 60Hz old monitor from 2007 and R7 370 GPU and I felt the experience better then than now. And I don't know why, IDK if it is freesync, or what. Playing CS:GO for example, I was playing a match and felt this mini freezes or lag kind of thing and makes none sense... playing a 2012 game with a Ryzen 5 5600X and a RX 6600 XT and not getting smooth experience it's frustrating.

When I quickly change my weapons or move the mouse faster I feel like a screen lag or a frame freezes for 1ms... IDK which word use (in my language it's called "tirones") but it just now a smooth and I'm playing a really old easy to run game at 240+ FPS but on a non smoothly experience. Yes, it works great most of the time, but I have those mini freezes that ruins everything.
Playing GTA V it's the same... ultra graphics, 1920*1080 but time to time get this lag, and a FPS fluctuations specifically on GTA V (drops to 92FPS sometimes, and I can hit 144FPS no some scenarios but 120/130 most of the time).

Can anyone help me? If that's happening with those titles I don't even wanna try Assassin Creed:Valhalla or other game that would run at 60FPS cause I'll cry. I feel awful.

Thanks!
PS: I'm playing with latest GPU drivers and overall drivers, Windows 10 up to date and DP port cable with Freesync ON (trace free at 80 which its default setting but idk what that is) and 144Hz.
PS 2: Temps are high but "normal" for AMD according to what I read... 70/80 for CPU (I read below 90 degress it's still fine) and 70/72° the GPU... Sort of.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022
What BIOS is your motherboard currently running? Can you run Home - UserBenchmark and post a link to your result please?
Hi, thanks for the answer and trying to support.
I run the test twice, just to be sure and check stability if that helps. Here are the results:
Test 1
Test 2

I don't remember which BIOS I'm using but I'm pretty sure that it's the latest one. I'll restart the computer and edit this comment.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Looking at your result, everything looks like it is running with no issues. I think your issue may have something to do with your display/monitor and it's settings but I am no expert with monitors so please wait for someone more experienced than me to comment to help you resolve your problem.

Reactions: Chernoo
Mar 2, 2022
Looking at your result, everything looks like it is running with no issues. I think your issue may have something to do with your display/monitor and it's settings but I am no expert with monitors so please wait for someone more experienced than me to comment to help you resolve your problem.
Something like what? Freesync ? I don't know.
And I don't know how to test the monitor either... Never hear about monitor freezing... I thought it was a GPU problem or something like that.

Mar 2, 2022
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-410

U could give this one a look im pretty much having same issues but much more worse hoping to find solution
im no expert but worth a try i quess
(Most latest bios update should have fixed this)

If you decide to try disabling the fTPM make you read about it a bit to disable it safely.
I'm not home yet but I'm sure I'm running latest cause then I bought the GPU like 3 weeks ago I reinstalled my OS and downloaded all latest drivers, even chipset. So I guess it's the latest.

Mar 11, 2022
I'm not home yet but I'm sure I'm running latest cause then I bought the GPU like 3 weeks ago I reinstalled my OS and downloaded all latest drivers, even chipset. So I guess it's the latest.
u could give a DDU a try
Use DDU to remove ALL GPU drivers. Then install the latest for your card.
but i asumme reinstalling OS took the care of that but worth a shot id assume.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Did you remember to change Monitor refresh rate to 144hz ?

& if you can't find any help from here for your issue might aswell try to look similiar issues from google
I would call that micro stuttering

Last edited:
Reactions: Chernoo
Mar 2, 2022
u could give a DDU a try
Use DDU to remove ALL GPU drivers. Then install the latest for your card.
but i asumme reinstalling OS took the care of that but worth a shot id assume.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Did you remember to change Monitor refresh rate to 144hz ?

& if you can't find any help from here for your issue might aswell try to look similiar issues from google
I would call that micro stuttering
Yes, I changed it to 144 of course.. and I just uninstall all the drivers using DDU but the problem it's still there.
Maybe a freesync issue? I'll try later without freesync, but shouldn't be a issue. Or maybe yes if the monitor have a problem cause freesync it's a hardware thing right?
I obviously don't have other monitor to try but I'll disable freesync to check