[SOLVED] Can forgetting to turn off my PC speakers do any damage to them ?

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
Hey
I'm sorry if that's a dumb question but I recently bought PC speakers monitors the model is: PreSonus Eris 3.5
and unfortunately, I'm finding myself keep forgetting to turn them OFF while I'm leaving the studio.. I was wondering how bad is it to do..? and how can I know if something is wrong with the sound or something?
Also, I saw that while my monitors are working for around half an hour they start to get hot when touching them. I wanted to know if I should contact the seller to maybe activate the warranty? or its probably all good and should be like that? and that's just me and my ignorance :sweatsmile:
this is my first monitors' speakers and I'm kinda new to this :kissingclosed:

I really appreciate your help

Solution
my desktop speakers have been "on" for >10 years.
i've never switched them to "off" and have never had an issue with them.

though mine stay very cool even when producing sound.
if yours continue to produce excess heat when the system is shutdown or sleeping, than i would turn them off.
if they cool down to a normal temperature when not in use, just leave them on.

should contact the seller to maybe activate the warranty?
you should always activate the warranty on all devices as soon as you begin to use them even if they operate perfectly.
you never know when a device may fail or start having issues.
how can I know if something is wrong with the sound or something?
you would hear it
or you would begin to get device\driver...
my desktop speakers have been "on" for >10 years.
i've never switched them to "off" and have never had an issue with them.

though mine stay very cool even when producing sound.
if yours continue to produce excess heat when the system is shutdown or sleeping, than i would turn them off.
if they cool down to a normal temperature when not in use, just leave them on.

should contact the seller to maybe activate the warranty?
you should always activate the warranty on all devices as soon as you begin to use them even if they operate perfectly.
you never know when a device may fail or start having issues.
how can I know if something is wrong with the sound or something?
you would hear it
or you would begin to get device\driver errors or other issues.

Solution
"Also, I saw that while my monitors are working for around half an hour they start to get hot when touching them"

That's quite normal with those speakers because the amplifier power is 25-watts for each speaker which is quite beefy for their size.

I recommend you turn them off when not required (should be easy to do since one of the speakers has a convenient power switch on the front which turns both speakers off.

TRENDING THREADS