Can I buy an item on Newegg with a $250 prepaid visa and use my debit card to pay for the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2018
I want to buy a GPU on Newegg.com and it costs $520. I have a spending limit on my debit card of $300 a day. So I was planning on getting a $250 prepaid Visa card and then waiting a day and using both the prepaid visa and my debit card to buy the GPU. On Newegg, would this work. Can I use both to buy one item? I know on amazon it works but I can’t get the same deal

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I have actually had issue in the past with Newegg and using a card, in that they want you to use this e verify system. It screwed me up to a point that I was unable to purchase there via a card at all. I use paypal now and it's been seamless.

Aside from my own experience I would guess it shouldn't pose a problem so long as you don't click yes on that added security nonsense. It may not be a bad idea to call them and mention your concern. They can handle any order you would place online via phone as well.

You would need to ask Newegg. But there is no reason why you can't use PayPal.

PayPal can deduct it from your bank account directly without using the debit card. Or a combination of the prepaid VIsa may work with PayPal if Newegg doesn't agree to it.

And PayPal offers credit services too if that helps.

Jul 28, 2018
I can’t verify my credentials for PayPal because I’m not 18. I verified my bank but I can’t put money into my PayPal account

There are other ways to send money. For example you can withdraw the money and purchase a prepaid visa for the whole amount. Then just use the prepaid Visa to purchase the item.

And I suppose that you can ask your parents to help you out and then pay them back.

And although it is slower, you can even purchase a money order and mail the payment.

But as I think about it, I wouldn't know why Newegg wouldn't accept the original transaction. But you would have to go through customer service to list both forms of payment.

At least I've never noticed a way to list two forms of payment on the Newegg site. But customer service can advice you one way or the other.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Hello Davidgesl123,

The website will not allow you to use 2 credit cards to make a purchase. In this case the Visa Gift Card and your Debit Card. The only way for you to split payment would be to use a Newegg Store Gift Card. In most cases I would not recommend purchasing in this manner as Newegg Store Gift Cards are non refundable. I would only suggest this as a last resort if you have no other options. I hope this is helpful.

Kindly,
Rudy[Newegg Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.