[SOLVED] Can I Buy GPU Heatsinks To Replace The One on My Card?

Apr 9, 2022
Hi,

This may be a stupid question, but is there any way that I could buy an ROG Strix 3080ti heatsink or an Aorus Master Heatsink (really any brand with a triple fan heatsink for a 3080ti)? I currently have a 3080ti fe, but I think that the other cards look much cooler. I've looked into selling my 3080ti and just buying the other card, but I'd rather not go through that process and be left gpu-less for a while, while trying to find a different 3080ti.

Does anyone know of any places that sell old heatsinks (maybe companies like ekwb, where they take the heatsinks off of the cards and replace them as seen in some videos made by them), or even just throw them away/give them away?

Thanks!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Ebay. You can also just look for dead cards/parts only.

There are aftermarket coolers and options. If you are going to go to the trouble, why not just use an EK waterblock and get into that? It does wonders for the memory temperatures.

Apr 9, 2022
Ebay. You can also just look for dead cards/parts only.

There are aftermarket coolers and options. If you are going to go to the trouble, why not just use an EK waterblock and get into that? It does wonders for the memory temperatures.
I've never tried watercooling other than AIOs before. Thanks for the info! It may be the way I end up going.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Stick with name brand radiators and that isn't a problem. EK, Corsair's Hydro X, XSPC, Koolance, etc. They are all brass/copper.

You have to really dig to find aluminum radiators and fittings. (Excepting that discontinued line from EK that was all Aluminum)

Solution
Apr 9, 2022
ït would probably work, but that zotac cooler doesnt have VRM cooling, you will need to add passive heatsinks for VRM

and well you will probably loose power connector as its built into that FE cooler
Since it's built in, can I buy a replacement anywhere for the power connector? And also, what passive heatsinks should I get for the VRM? (I'm not very familiar with GPU cooling, so I'm using this as an opportunity to learn more about it).

Since it's built in, can I buy a replacement anywhere for the power connector? And also, what passive heatsinks should I get for the VRM? (I'm not very familiar with GPU cooling, so I'm using this as an opportunity to learn more about it).
well its not exactly built in, but there is hole in FE cooler, with new cooler you might get no access there, 12pin extension cable could probably work, but im not sure about cooler height if it fits duiue to that 12pin connector

vrm heatsinks...there are plenty on amazon/ebay
https://www.amazon.com/Heatsink-Cooling-Stepper-Regulators-8-8mmx8-8mmx5mm/dp/B07WR3S8CZ

Apr 9, 2022
well its not exactly built in, but there is hole in FE cooler, with new cooler you might get no access there, 12pin extension cable could probably work, but im not sure about cooler height if it fits duiue to that 12pin connector

https://www.amazon.com/Heatsink-Cooling-Stepper-Regulators-8-8mmx8-8mmx5mm/dp/B07WR3S8CZ
Once again, thank you so much for your help! I see what you mean by using a 12pin extension cable (I actually have the adapter that came with the card, which could work if there is enough space in the card).

Apr 9, 2022

Sorry for asking again, but is the heatsink for the VRMs just the backplate with thermal pads? I have another backplate that fits, so I want to make sure.