[SOLVED] can i clone using macrium reflect free from a usb flash drive to my _current_ drive C?

can i clone using macrium reflect free from a usb flash drive to my current drive C?

The word cloning means directly copying one device to another.
Booting from an USB and applying a disk image that is on the USB back to a disk is called restoring/applying an image.
It's important to know the terminology, if you don't know it then at least try and explain what you are trying to do in detail so that people can help you.

Jul 12, 2021
The word cloning means directly copying one device to another.
Booting from an USB and applying a disk image that is on the USB back to a disk is called restoring/applying an image.
It's important to know the terminology, if you don't know it then at least try and explain what you are trying to do in detail so that people can help you.

i know all of that, sorry i wasn't clear for everyone else.

Jul 12, 2021
i know cloning a drive to use on a different computer is not ideal, should do a fresh install of windows, blah blah.

i got it. connected the USB flash drive to the rear of the computer, got into the BIOS, booted from the USB flash drive, and macrium reflect was fine with cloning from the USB flash drive to the internal NVMe/drive C. i was NOT able to boot with the internal NVMe, load macrium and clone from the USB flash drive to the internal NVMe. macrium says something like 'current/drive in use'

USAFRet

Titan
i know cloning a drive to use on a different computer is not ideal, should do a fresh install of windows, blah blah.

i got it. connected the USB flash drive to the rear of the computer, got into the BIOS, booted from the USB flash drive, and macrium reflect was fine with cloning from the USB flash drive to the internal NVMe/drive C. i was NOT able to boot with the internal NVMe, load macrium and clone from the USB flash drive to the internal NVMe. macrium says something like 'current/drive in use'
What was on the USB?
Was was on the NVMe?

Again, what, exactly, are you looking to do?

TRENDING THREADS