[SOLVED] Can I combine these 2 RAM kits? They're not so different, but I'm curious (HyperX Predator DDR4)

Solution
maybe... there are no guarantees when you try to match 2 sticks that aren't in a set with 2 that are. It might work, it might cause errors. Its more sensible to buy 4 sticks that are in a set but its your choice.

Colif

Win 11 Master
maybe... there are no guarantees when you try to match 2 sticks that aren't in a set with 2 that are. It might work, it might cause errors. Its more sensible to buy 4 sticks that are in a set but its your choice.

Reactions: timbal
Solution
I'm planning to buy 1 kit of 2x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 3200MHz RGB RAM and I have two ram sticks of this, but without RGB, installed onto GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 mobo. CPU is the Ryzen 7 2700x, therefore this is the QVL. I know that both models have the same properties, but I'm wondering if there are any concerns regarding combining these two.
If you are planning to run 4x8GB, you will likely max out at 2933 or 3000 CL16, because of limitations with the motherboard, Ryzen 2000 CPU memory controller and possibly the modules themselves. This is even assuming the different kits work together.

If you actually have need of 32GB, you are better off buying a 2x16GB 3200 CL16 kit and selling the 2x8GB modules you have now.

Reactions: timbal

TRENDING THREADS