can i delid my 8600k with no delidding tools

Solution
Not what you want to hear, but if you are asking these questions you stand a HIGH chance of killing the CPU. The real questions are; why do you want to do delid? can you afford to kill the chip? and what cooler and thermal paste are you currently using? if you are using a stock cooler, you would be better served upgrading to a high performance air cooler or water cooler with some arctic silver or comparable paste.

T0rvadaL

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

Are you 100% sure? Using the vice method? I know it worked with earlier generations, but i think either the ihs or pcb is thinner on 8 gen. I don't have the guts to do the razor method. Have you tried it yourself, or do you have any sources?

Sorry for being a bit sceptic :)

caledbwlch

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
Not what you want to hear, but if you are asking these questions you stand a HIGH chance of killing the CPU. The real questions are; why do you want to do delid? can you afford to kill the chip? and what cooler and thermal paste are you currently using? if you are using a stock cooler, you would be better served upgrading to a high performance air cooler or water cooler with some arctic silver or comparable paste.

Solution