Question Can I export Google Chrome's browsing history and import it again later?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I mean, I am not going to do it "officially" through Google's account.
I mostly only use my desktop PC that runs Windows 10 and Chrome to visit a website.
I am able to figure it out how it's done through sync to Google's account but this is not what I want.
it looks like that Chrome only keeps history up to 90 days and is it possible to find out history older than 90 days if my PC isn't sync to Google or if I am not sure if it's sync?
Is there any better method without having to use third-party add-on or extensions?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
No, chrome will always delete history older than 90days, if not synced to google.
I have studied how to sync to google but usually how long does it take for Google to sync the Chrome history to their server once the sync is started? I am not sure but I find that after an hour of the sync getting activated for the first time, the history older than 90 days seen on Google Chrome browser (local) still lost after 00:00. In that case, will the history older than 90 days still be visible in local Google Chrome browser? If not, where can I find it out? In addition, how long can the Chrome history be kept if sync to Google? As long as I configure?

google only says: "much longer if synced"

chrome history syncing depends on your internet connection, but usually takes only seconds

check your google account, if history really synced and the automatic deletion in web activity is disabled

invert the suggestions to save history:

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
google only says: "much longer if synced"

chrome history syncing depends on your internet connection, but usually takes only seconds

check your google account, if history really synced and the automatic deletion in web activity is disabled

invert the suggestions to save history:
Hi. Is it enough to copy and save the "history" file located under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
to keep a full backup of the history of the past 90 days? Do I also need to copy any other files e.g. cache or history-journal as well?

Yes, I know about Google sync but I find that it only sync the history after I first connected Chrome to Google account, it doesn't sync the history of the last 90 days.

Thanks.