[SOLVED] Can I fit an ROG Strix RX 570 in a Dell Optiplex 7010 MT?

May 20, 2020
So im getting a Dell Optiplex 7010 MT for getting all A's. So I decided to find some good parts to throw in to have a decent little gaming rig. Im going to throw in this ram and also this psu. I am upgrading the psu because I want to put an ROG Strix RX 570. I am not sure the card will fit with the hard drive cage and the Sata ports. I know i could get some angled cables. I would rather not remove the hard drive cage but if i have to to make the card fit I will. I also might throw in this ssd in the future.
Thanks!

Solution
the SATA ports should be fine, the drive cage is the issue. it looks like the RAM slot clips MAY cause issues too.

the card is 9.5 inches long, measure twice, cut once
my security blocked the links but a standard PSU should fit that chassis, as should any 2.5 inch SSD
RX 570 ROG dimensions: 24.13 x 3.81 x 12.95 centimeters
Normal Motherboard is 24,4cm
It will fit perfectly without for you to need removing the cage, worst case it might be on top of some Sata ports, but even that i think is going to be fine.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the SATA ports should be fine, the drive cage is the issue. it looks like the RAM slot clips MAY cause issues too.

the card is 9.5 inches long, measure twice, cut once
my security blocked the links but a standard PSU should fit that chassis, as should any 2.5 inch SSD

Solution