Question Can I get a recommendation for a new psu please?

Mar 29, 2019
Hi there, I’ve been bundling together a gaming pc which consists of:
Intel Core i7-4790K,
2X8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM@1600mhz
Asus Rog Strix 1080 ti,
Gigabyte-GA-H81M-S2H (this will be eventually upgraded to Asus 7 Hero)
Cryorig H7 Plus cpu cooler,
120GB SSD,
1TB HDD,
Super writemaster multi DVD drive,
Inatek PCI-e Card (4Xusb3.0),
2X120mm case fans,
Logitech G910 RGB keyboard,
Logitech G900 Mouse,
Oculus Rift CV1 with Touch controllers,
3X Oculus Rift Sensors,
Plug & Play LG hdmi 24” monitor,
Microsoft Xbox wireless controller dongle,
Canon MG4250 printer,
Mad Catz V1 Flightstick.
The case is a cheap Neptune gaming case.

At the moment, I’m using a cheap AeroCool 700w 80-Bronze PSU & im scared to even turn it on most of the time, but I’ve been upgrading 1 part at a time just recently & now it’s definitely time to get a decent PSU. Please can I get some suggestions for a good reliable PSU that will last me a good amount of time & will cope with any future upgrades. Many thanks in advance of any help. I’m very new to this.

Last edited:
550w is not enough for a comfortable amount of headroom to keep the system at it's most efficient zone of about 50-60% of capacity. Doing so will result in it running cooler, quieter, with less ripple and voltage fluctuation and will likely increase it's lifespan as well.

This unit exceeds the 650w I would have intended to recommend, but is currently less expensive than any other quality 650w model, and most of the 550w models for that matter. This is a quality unit built on the same Seasonic platform used by the Focus and Focus plus units. This will easily run any single card currently in production with plenty of room for overclocking of the CPU or GPU card.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: Antec - Earthwatts Gold Pro 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $59.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-30 21:17 EDT-0400

Mar 29, 2019
550w is not enough for a comfortable amount of headroom to keep the system at it's most efficient zone of about 50-60% of capacity. Doing so will result in it running cooler, quieter, with less ripple and voltage fluctuation and will likely increase it's lifespan as well.

This unit exceeds the 650w I would have intended to recommend, but is currently less expensive than any other quality 650w model, and most of the 550w models for that matter. This is a quality unit built on the same Seasonic platform used by the Focus and Focus plus units. This will easily run any single card currently in production with plenty of room for overclocking of the CPU or GPU card.

Power Supply: Antec - Earthwatts Gold Pro 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Thanks for all the support guys! I’m living in England in the UK. So I was thinking of going with the Seasonic Focus Plus (recommended above), but that’s very much at the top of my budget at the moment. Would this Antec unit be just as reliable? It seems like very good value & I’m very tempted to go for that.

Mar 29, 2019
Thanks for all the support guys! I’m living in England in the UK. So I was thinking of going with the Seasonic Focus Plus (recommended above), but that’s very much at the top of my budget at the moment. Would this Antec unit be just as reliable? It seems like very good value & I’m very tempted to go for that.
Ah, looks like the cheapest price here in the uk is about £85 & the Seasonic is about £95.

Mar 29, 2019

Sorry for so many replies, I’ve just been looking on the uk Newegg website & both the Seasonic & the Antec mentioned above are £71 in the 750w versions. Which should I get? I’m thinking maybe the Seasonic? Again, thanks for the help guys.

Sorry for so many replies, I’ve just been looking on the uk Newegg website & both the Seasonic & the Antec mentioned above are £71 in the 750w versions. Which should I get? I’m thinking maybe the Seasonic? Again, thanks for the help guys.

I don't see any of these units in that price range, but any unit listed here is a good choice, with the much better options coming in at £80 or higher BUT those Corsair TX units are pretty decent as well, especially compared to what you have now.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...000000000,2000000000000&e=4&sort=price&page=1