Question Can I get more cooling by installing greater CFM fans?

Franj0

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2014
G'day,
I have a Fractal Meshify 2 mid tower, with the following specs;

i7 11700KF CPU
Deepcool Assassin IV CPU cooler, with an additional 120mm Phanteks T30 strapped to the front of the cooler for greater air intake.
32GB DDr4 RAM @ 3200MHZ
MSI A pro Z 490 mobo
Gigabyte RTX 4080
Silverstone 1000w PSU gold.
Various NVME m.2, SSD and HDD storage.

I am playing in 4K on a Gigabyte M28U monitor at 144HZ.

My case fans are Arctic P 14s - 3 intake at the front
Arctic P 14 x 2 top exhaust
Arctic P12 x 2 bottom intake
Arctic P14 as a rear exhaust.

I am considering swapping out the 3 Arctic P14 intake front fans for 3 x Thermaltake Toughfan 140mm radiator fan to see if can get more air pushed through my case, going from the Arctic P14s @ 72 CFM to Thermaltake @ 119 CFM make a noticeable difference to my temps ?

Last edited:

Franj0

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2014
This is only at 100% rpm; CFM/SP/dBA does not scale linearly.
Your personal fan curves are going to be a wild card here.

There's no way to really know without buying and trying them out... I could guess that it won't make a significant difference though.
All I needed to hear, reckon you've saved me about $60.00 - $90.00 AUD, I'll keep what I have and if during our Australian summer the temps become unbearable, I'll just open a window to get fresher air into the room where I am gaming.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it's a bit ugly but if during the summer you get temp spikes, the old tried and true method of removing the side of the case and pointing a small fan into it always helps :)

nothing crazy but removing the side usually helps and the extra air from a small fan makes a heck of a difference.

again only if you have a high ambient temp is this needed, but sometimes i'd rather get my game on than worry about how my pc looks with the side off. lol