[SOLVED] Can I install the CPU last when building a PC?

Nov 26, 2018
I have all my parts except the CPU, can I assemble everything else first and then put in the cpu and cpu cooler?

Solution
Hold off on the CPU for now. If you want though you can start assembling the build starting with the Case & PSU. Using the Motherboard as a guide you can start doing some cable management and plan the build out but don't actually install it into the case yet. If you have a M.2 SSD you can install that onto the motherboard without having to worry about it later. You might be able to put the Memory into the system but it depends on your CPU cooler.

WildCard999

Titan
Hold off on the CPU for now. If you want though you can start assembling the build starting with the Case & PSU. Using the Motherboard as a guide you can start doing some cable management and plan the build out but don't actually install it into the case yet. If you have a M.2 SSD you can install that onto the motherboard without having to worry about it later. You might be able to put the Memory into the system but it depends on your CPU cooler.

Solution