[SOLVED] Can I lower Turbo Boost Power Max on an E3-1245 V3?

Shalou

Prominent
Sep 17, 2021
Hello, everyone. This will be a bit downclocking instead of overclocking, but, I have an E3-1245 V3 Xeon processor and it always runs at high wattages. I'm not playing or doing anything that stresses the CPU too much, so I want to lower power consumption of the CPU since it's too much.

Current settings;
Turbo Boost Short Power Max: 105W
Turbo Boost Power Max: 84W

My CPU usage is usually around 2% to 50% max. What settings would you recommend me to run on this processor to save as much energy as possible? And would it damage the CPU or any other components by any chance?

Solution
Hello, everyone. This will be a bit downclocking instead of overclocking, but, I have an E3-1245 V3 Xeon processor and it always runs at high wattages. I'm not playing or doing anything that stresses the CPU too much, so I want to lower power consumption of the CPU since it's too much.
you could just use power saver power plan and lower the maximum processor state to 50% or below in power plan settings, there you will be limited under 2ghz all cores and the power goes on like 20w or lower, and still run the system just fine. i used a 1240 v2 and using this will limit the power consumption by alot.
you could just use power saver power plan and lower the maximum processor state to 50% or below in power plan settings, there you will be limited under 2ghz all cores and the power goes on like 20w or lower, and still run the system just fine. i used a 1240 v2 and using this will limit the power consumption by alot.

Last edited:
Solution

Shalou

Prominent
Sep 17, 2021
It worked but my CPU got to 0.8 GHz lol. Is there a way to adjust these limits?