Question Can I play GTA v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2019
My specs are 8gb ram and a6 6400k processor with hd8470d graphic card which is 768mb and I want to ask can i increase graphic memory in bios to 2gb or 1gb will it improve performance? I can play DBC 17 on high settings

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
No you can not run GTA V at all. You may be able to run the game low settings (laptop settings/ultra low/custom) @ 720p 30FPS. Your Ram (8gb) is adequate but your GPU, regardless of adding memory, just cannot process a load that heavy. You GPU is the biggest bottleneck here because it is hardly able to run it at low settings. Even if you did increase the VRAM, you CPU would cry trying to process the whole game. Your CPU is just too weak.

Minimum Settings (100% threshold):
CPU:
68% Adequate ( Little CPU processing power)
GPU: 40% Adequate (TOO little graphical processing power)
Ram: 200% Adequate (more than enough memory to run)

Mar 24, 2019
No you can not run GTA V at all. You may be able to run the game low settings (laptop settings/ultra low/custom) @ 720p 30FPS. Your Ram (8gb) is adequate but your GPU, regardless of adding memory, just cannot process a load that heavy. You GPU is the biggest bottleneck here because it is hardly able to run it at low settings. Even if you did increase the VRAM, you CPU would cry trying to process the whole game. Your CPU is just too weak.

Minimum Settings (100% threshold):
CPU:
68% Adequate ( Little CPU processing power)
GPU: 40% Adequate (TOO little graphical processing power)
Ram: 200% Adequate (more than enough memory to run)
At low settings what fps? And I should increase vram or not in bios

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
At low settings what fps? And I should increase vram or not in bios
At low settings you may hit under 25fps (stable 20 or so) and Yes a Vram increase will help Slightly. Remember, your CPU is also very weak and your GPU lacks the speeds. TBH I wouldn't bother with GTA on that machine but it's only my recommendation. Stable 20 looks kinda laggy and isn't very pleasing to play.

Mar 24, 2019
At low settings you may hit under 25fps (stable 20 or so) and Yes a Vram increase will help Slightly. Remember, your CPU is also very weak and your GPU lacks the speeds. TBH I wouldn't bother with GTA on that machine but it's only my recommendation. Stable 20 looks kinda laggy and isn't very pleasing to play.
How much vram I increase from 768mb? If I not increase vram means if it remained 768mb so at low settings what average fps? What settings you recommend me

Mar 24, 2019
How much vram I increase from 768mb? If I not increase vram means if it remained 768mb so at low settings what average fps? What settings you recommend me

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Putting the Vram to MAX will only let you play at low settings. 768mb is no where near enough. GTA V needs at least 2gb to run decently. My game requires 4gb of Vram and im using Ultra settings. So it's a HUGE memory muncher.

Recommendations? Don't play on low tier hardware like that...but if you still want to:
720p
Low-memory mode enabled
turn off eye candy
lower your render distance greatly
minimal animations
low quality water and shadows
clouds off (if that's a thing I don't remember well)
environment textures lowest possible setting
low detail cars

Mar 24, 2019
Putting the Vram to MAX will only let you play at low settings. 768mb is no where near enough. GTA V needs at least 2gb to run decently. My game requires 4gb of Vram and im using Ultra settings. So it's a HUGE memory muncher.

Recommendations? Don't play on low tier hardware like that...but if you still want to:
720p
Low-memory mode enabled
turn off eye candy
lower your render distance greatly
minimal animations
low quality water and shadows
clouds off (if that's a thing I don't remember well)
environment textures lowest possible setting
low detail cars
Brother if i increase vram than my ram will be only 5.95 usable

We can’t tell the FPS you get, most people would not try running the game on such low performance hardware. It’s never going to be good, your system is way under the minimum recommended but you might get it to run on lowest settings and resolution.

If you buy the game from Steam they allow refunds as long as you request the refund within 14 days of purchase and have played the game for less than 2 hours.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Brother if i increase vram than my ram will be only 5.95 usable
You RAM is ok...I think 3gb of ram is good for GTA V on low...But your other hardware cannot run it. Simply put:

You can't run the game even if you increase the VRAM to the GPU. Your CPU is WAY to weak and your GPU cannot handle a load that heavy with low clock speeds. You will be maxing your ram resources though with windows (2.5gb), GTAV (3gb), and the vram increase (2gb) totalling to 7.5gb of ram usage. You cannot play this game on your specs.

Mar 24, 2019
You RAM is ok...I think 3gb of ram is good for GTA V on low...But your other hardware cannot run it. Simply put:

You can't run the game even if you increase the VRAM to the GPU. Your CPU is WAY to weak and your GPU cannot handle a load that heavy with low clock speeds. You will be maxing your ram resources though with windows (2.5gb), GTAV (3gb), and the vram increase (2gb) totalling to 7.5gb of ram usage. You cannot play this game on your specs.
But I saw gameplays on utube

And what resolution and settings were they using on YouTube? You have a few different people telling you that YOU CANNOT run GTA v with your current hardware. But if you do, DONT EXPECT BETTER THAN 15-20FPS IN VERY LOW SETTINGS @720P.

Best advice, listen to what you're being told and don't waste money on a game you will not enjoy. It will look bad and run even worse!!

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017
But I saw gameplays on utube
See in simple words.
You can't run gta v
In details -
Even if you overclock and optimise your system that will be of no help.
You wont get more than 20-25 fps which is unplayable.
And you said you saw youtubers doing it cuz they have better specs than you and they know how to mess up with their system with good cooling and stuff to make the game run.
So the conclusion is Yes you can play it in a very low fps with lags(which is unplayable) but playing it in 20 fps is something which is not very pleasant.
So if you are thinking you might run the game at low setting with no lags then there is no way unless you upgrade your pc.

Mar 24, 2019
And what resolution and settings were they using on YouTube? You have a few different people telling you that YOU CANNOT run GTA v with your current hardware. But if you do, DONT EXPECT BETTER THAN 15-20FPS IN VERY LOW SETTINGS @720P.

Best advice, listen to what you're being told and don't waste money on a game you will not enjoy. It will look bad and run even worse!!
I am very sad and poor so what I do here all are inserting me even you😭

Mar 24, 2019
See in simple words.
You can't run gta v
In details -
Even if you overclock and optimise your system that will be of no help.
You wont get more than 20-25 fps which is unplayable.
And you said you saw youtubers doing it cuz they have better specs than you and they know how to mess up with their system with good cooling and stuff to make the game run.
So the conclusion is Yes you can play it in a very low fps with lags(which is unplayable) but playing it in 20 fps is something which is not very pleasant.
So if you are thinking you might run the game at low setting with no lags then there is no way unless you upgrade your pc.
So if I get GT 710 so is there any chance and can u tell me market price of it

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017
So if I get GT 710 so is there any chance and can u tell me market price of it
Ok listen.
You can get a used 1050ti and a fx8350 for around 7-8k in india.
Or
A gt 710 with a fx 6300 at 3-5k rs in India.
Just look up on olx.
Buying these will make you run it.
Otherwise no option
As your cpu and graphics both are weak and are not made for gaming.
Gtx 710 used 2gb one cost around 2-2.5k rs in india
And a fx 6300 2-3k in india

Mar 24, 2019
I don't think anyone is trying to insult you in any way. Quite the opposite as they're trying to save you money on something you will not enjoy. And at the end of the day, isn't that what it's all about, enjoying what you spend money on?
But I can run high graphic game like dbc17 on high settings

Mar 24, 2019
GTA is not an easy game to run, and to really enjoy playing you'll want at least the minimum recommended specs. A gt710 Will be better, but still not quite good enough. You need at min 2gb of vram. Even with my current hardware I get some mild stuttering and pausing.
What is the market price of GT 710

Status
Not open for further replies.