Question can i plug my case fan with 2pin/3pin into cha_fan

spicelol

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 12, 2019
So i recently got r9 280x and it heats a lot
and my cpu heats also
and i wanted to get a case fan cause i have none and i googled. and they have those 2pin/3pin and some 4pin and i dont really see those
I only see the cha_fan and only one and when i googled it it said i can plug case fans. but to make sure im asking you guys experts and other cause im new to this
Im really sorry and i hope you understand what i typed im learning Enlgish im from Lithuania and my English is bad

So i recently got r9 280x and it heats a lot
and my cpu heats also
and i wanted to get a case fan cause i have none and i googled. and they have those 2pin/3pin and some 4pin and i dont really see those
I only see the cha_fan and only one and when i googled it it said i can plug case fans. but to make sure im asking you guys experts and other cause im new to this
Im really sorry and i hope you understand what i typed im learning Enlgish im from Lithuania and my English is bad

On your motherboard it will be labels CHA_FAN or CHA_FAN1/2/3/4 (Usually) It will work with any 3 or 4 pin fan usually. Look at the motherboard header. If it has 3 pins, order a 3 pin fan. If it's 4 pins, order a 3 pin OR 4 pin header.

Don't buy a 2 pin fan. Those are not computer case fans.

Go to Google/Amazon/Alibaba and type "120mm case fan"

I can't make a specific recommendation without knowing which case you have.

Reactions: spicelol

spicelol

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 12, 2019
On your motherboard it will be labels CHA_FAN or CHA_FAN1/2/3/4 (Usually) It will work with any 3 or 4 pin fan usually. Look at the motherboard header. If it has 3 pins, order a 3 pin fan. If it's 4 pins, order a 3 pin OR 4 pin header.

Don't buy a 2 pin fan. Those are not computer case fans.

Go to Google/Amazon/Alibaba and type "120mm case fan"

I can't make a specific recommendation without knowing which case you have.

I looked trough my mother board and i didnt see any of those 3pin/4pin like i saw on google they showed it like those 4 needles like cpu cooler i only could find one CHA_FAN

My mother board if needed : ASUS M3N78 SE

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/uE1UW9y

Last edited: