Question can i plug my case fan with 2pin/3pin into cha_fan

Aug 12, 2019
So i recently got r9 280x and it heats a lot
and my cpu heats also
and i wanted to get a case fan cause i have none and i googled. and they have those 2pin/3pin and some 4pin and i dont really see those
I only see the cha_fan and only one and when i googled it it said i can plug case fans. but to make sure im asking you guys experts and other cause im new to this
Im really sorry and i hope you understand what i typed im learning Enlgish im from Lithuania and my English is bad

digitalgriffin

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
So i recently got r9 280x and it heats a lot
and my cpu heats also
and i wanted to get a case fan cause i have none and i googled. and they have those 2pin/3pin and some 4pin and i dont really see those
I only see the cha_fan and only one and when i googled it it said i can plug case fans. but to make sure im asking you guys experts and other cause im new to this
Im really sorry and i hope you understand what i typed im learning Enlgish im from Lithuania and my English is bad
On your motherboard it will be labels CHA_FAN or CHA_FAN1/2/3/4 (Usually) It will work with any 3 or 4 pin fan usually. Look at the motherboard header. If it has 3 pins, order a 3 pin fan. If it's 4 pins, order a 3 pin OR 4 pin header.

Don't buy a 2 pin fan. Those are not computer case fans.

Go to Google/Amazon/Alibaba and type "120mm case fan"

I can't make a specific recommendation without knowing which case you have.

Reactions: spicelol
Aug 12, 2019
On your motherboard it will be labels CHA_FAN or CHA_FAN1/2/3/4 (Usually) It will work with any 3 or 4 pin fan usually. Look at the motherboard header. If it has 3 pins, order a 3 pin fan. If it's 4 pins, order a 3 pin OR 4 pin header.

Don't buy a 2 pin fan. Those are not computer case fans.

Go to Google/Amazon/Alibaba and type "120mm case fan"

I can't make a specific recommendation without knowing which case you have.

I looked trough my mother board and i didnt see any of those 3pin/4pin like i saw on google they showed it like those 4 needles like cpu cooler i only could find one CHA_FAN

My mother board if needed : ASUS M3N78 SE

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/uE1UW9y

Last edited:

digitalgriffin

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
Wow, that's just awful. They didn't solder the headers onto the motherboard to save 2 cents.

Unfortunately you'll have to use a 4 pin splitter and run it off the CPU fan header. Then buy a case fan. If your CPU fan uses 3 wires, order a 3 wire Case Fan. If your CPU fan uses all 4 wires, use a 4 wire case fan

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NA-SYC1-Y-Cables-Fans-Black/dp/B00KG8K5CY?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00KG8K5CY

That adapter will work fine. Your PSU has a molex cable coming from it. You will just hook the adapter to the PSU molex cable. Then you will hook the fans up to the headers coming off the adapter. It may sound complicated, but it is actually pretty simple.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS