[SOLVED] Can I put Hyper X fury and Corsair Vengeance in the same system?

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
Hey!
I got 2 stick of Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB CL16 3200mhz 1.35v (16-18-18-36 1.35v) and I want to add 2 more sticks from Hyper x
those are 3200mhz CL16 2x8GB 1.35v with the same timings (16-18-18-36 1.35v) as the corsair sticks. So is it possible to put those in? is it going to result with performance loss? inconsistent timings? or something related???
Corsair sticks model: SKU CMR16GX4M2C3200C16 Link to corsair's sticks specs
Hyper x fury sticks model: HX432C16FB3K2/16 Link to Hyper x's sticks specs
any answer will be appreciated!

Solution
but the voltage is the same, the timing are the same... you sure it not gonna work?
I did not say it would not work, I said there is a good chance it would work. However there is a chance of issues, there is no guarantee. Only RAM bought as a matched kit is guaranteed to work together. Even buying the exact same make and model RAM can have issues.

Take a look at the odd man out section https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/
Mixing RAM even the same make and model from different kits is not guaranteed to work. RAM is sold in matched kits for a reason. There is a good chance it will work but you can only try. It’s possible the system won’t boot or if it does it is unstable. Sometimes you can get it to run at slower speeds and/or looser timings. Trying to run 4 dimms does increase the chance you will have issues.

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
Mixing RAM even the same make and model from different kits is not guaranteed to work. RAM is sold in matched kits for a reason. There is a good chance it will work but you can only try. It’s possible the system won’t boot or if it does it is unstable. Sometimes you can get it to run at slower speeds and/or looser timings. Trying to run 4 dimms does increase the chance you will have issues.
but the voltage is the same, the timing are the same... you sure it not gonna work?

I did not say it would not work, I said there is a good chance it would work. However there is a chance of issues, there is no guarantee. Only RAM bought as a matched kit is guaranteed to work together. Even buying the exact same make and model RAM can have issues.

Take a look at the odd man out section https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/

Reactions: daniulianov
Solution

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018

thank you! and okay I fount those sticks from g.skill, G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16 Kit those are coming with only 2 sticks, so if I buy 2 packs of 2x8gb of g.skill ram is it still going to work? because those are coning in packs of 2 and not 4.... but the ram is identical

thank you! and okay I fount those sticks from g.skill, G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16 Kit those are coming with only 2 sticks, so if I buy 2 packs of 2x8gb of g.skill ram is it still going to work? because those are coning in packs of 2 and not 4.... but the ram is identical
It should reduce the chances of issues buying at the same time/place with the RAM hopefully being manufactured as part of the same batch. I have had issues with 2 sets of Corsair 2x4gb that would not run stable together but these were not bought together. If you want 32gb it’s better to go with 2x16gb. Running 4 dimms puts extra load on the memory controller. If you look at the memory QVL for the motherboard they will often max out at slower speeds for the recommended RAM with 4 dimms.