[SOLVED] Can I run 2 monitors from motherboard?

Mar 7, 2021
I put together a cheap pc last year, and now I am wanting to upgrade to dual monitors.
MSI b350 pc mate MB
AMD 2200G cpu (integrated graphics)

I currently have my monitor hooked to the single hdmi port on the mother board.
Can I hook a second monitor to the dvi port on the mother board and have it work as 2 separate monitors? or will they be mirrored/ unable to do separate things on each monitor at once ect.
Sorry for the noob question, but I am pretty sure I need to get a discrete graphics card to run dual separate monitors, but wanted to verify.

I don't use this for gaming or anything that's really graphics intensive, but the extra space of a second monitor will make what I do much nicer for me.

If I do in fact need a gpu, can you recommend something that is inexpensive (between $100-$200usd)

Solution
I put together a cheap pc last year, and now I am wanting to upgrade to dual monitors.
MSI b350 pc mate MB

Can I hook a second monitor to the dvi port on the mother board and have it work as 2 separate monitors? or will they be mirrored/ unable to do separate things on each monitor at once ect.
Sorry for the noob question, but I am pretty sure I need to get a discrete graphics card to run dual separate monitors, but wanted to verify.

I don't use this for gaming or anything that's really graphics intensive, but the extra space of a second monitor will make what I do much nicer for me.

If I do in fact need a gpu, can...
MSI b350 pc mate MB

If I do in fact need a gpu, can you recommend something that is inexpensive (between $100-$200usd)
No you don't need a GPU the integrated graphics should do the same as a card

Reactions: cp463
Solution