Question Can I run 2 RTX 2070's?

Jan 28, 2020
I have never heard of this being a thing but I have a 3 monitor set up. I'm not doing a display surround or anything fancy. The monitors are just extended displays that give me more work space. I do streaming on Twitch, so the multiple displays help allot. My setup is a one PC setup. I was curious if I could use a second RTX 2070 to connect my 2nd and third monitor to the 2nd GPU to relieve stress off the primary GPU that would be my primary display. Is that possible at all or will I need to just upgrade to a 2080 or 2080 super and possibly go SLI? I don't even know if SLI would be the correct way to go for a multi monitor setup. I have never had a SLI configuration nor am I familiar with what an SLI configuration would benefit in. All I am looking for is a streamlined configuration where the GPU won't be overloaded by the multiple displays.

Primary display: 2560x1440 144Hz
2nd and 3rd display: 1920x1080 60Hz
Current GPU: Gigabyte RTX2070

Jan 28, 2020
What stress are you talking about?
Running certain programs puts addtional stress on the GPU. When streaming, about 25+ programs are using the GPU. It adds up. If I had to estimate, the gpu usage would be around 15 - 25% used by those programs. If I could eliminate that % can it be put on a second GPU or split it per GPU?