[SOLVED] Can I run a 5900X on Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 wifi?

Christian2000

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2014
Looking to upgrade my 2700X. The Gigabyte cpu list says it will work with the latest bios, but I've heard some people had problems ...

Solution
Yes it will you just need to install the latest bios first. As for potential problems, despite the promise of 4 generations of compatibility on AM4, support for new CPU's on older boards isn't also seamless. It can sometimes be hit or miss whether it's going to work perfectly normally without issue. This is particularly true on the 300 series boards.

You do have a nice board though, I would have thought you were one of the least likely to have a problem.
Yes it will you just need to install the latest bios first. As for potential problems, despite the promise of 4 generations of compatibility on AM4, support for new CPU's on older boards isn't also seamless. It can sometimes be hit or miss whether it's going to work perfectly normally without issue. This is particularly true on the 300 series boards.

You do have a nice board though, I would have thought you were one of the least likely to have a problem.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution