[SOLVED] can i see 2 monitors on gtx1060 right from pc start (i.e. bios message)??

rampuse

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
i know u can connect 2 monitors to pcs and they work. but they work only after windows loads. i have gtx 1060 6gb. can i connect one monitor to its hdmi port and another to dp port (through dp to hdmi converter), and will BOTH show content even in my bios? i currently connected one to dvi and other to hdmi, but the hdmi one ONLY starts/displays after windows loads. can i buy a dp to hdmi converter ...so will dp port along with dvi or hdmi show signal from BEGINNING/post. i have multi os on my pc and sometimes want to re-image the os from options in my bootloader. is this possible??? thanks.

Solution
i know u can connect 2 monitors to pcs and they work. but they work only after windows loads. i have gtx 1060 6gb. can i connect one monitor to its hdmi port and another to dp port (through dp to hdmi converter), and will BOTH show content even in my bios? i currently connected one to dvi and other to hdmi, but the hdmi one ONLY starts/displays after windows loads. can i buy a dp to hdmi converter ...so will dp port along with dvi or hdmi show signal from BEGINNING/post. i have multi os on my pc and sometimes want to re-image the os from options in my bootloader. is this possible??? thanks.
it's not possible, the bios would only show on the 1st main display.
it's not possible, the bios would only show on the 1st main display.

Solution