Can i stream with Ryzen 5 2400g and rx 570 4 gb?

Jan 4, 2019
Hi Guys,
I wanted to start streaming on youtube and my pc specification are as below. I wanted to upgrade my graphic card so which would be a good option for streaming. my budget is around ₹15000-₹18000.

CPU-Ryzen 5 2400g
Mobo- Gigabyte B350 Gaming 3
Storage- 240gb SSD Kingston
PSU- Corsair vs 450
Ram- 8gb DDR4 3000mhz
Monitor- AOC 720p monitor
Graphic card- need your help.

With my existing setup I get around 50-60 Fps in games like Fortnite and CS:GO.

But as soon as I start the stream i start getting lag in game as well as my stream starts to drop frames. I tried multiple setting in my OBS to improve but still the same. Also if someone can help me with what bitrate should I set in OBS

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Solution
Jan 4, 2019

So should i go for 8gb RX 570 or 4gb would do the job? as 8 gb will go little out of budget. Also is there any other card you suggest.

What do you stream on? and on what bitrate?

That sounds like a problem with your internet service. Check the system requirements for a minimum download Mbps.

Then you can do an internet speed test from your internet provider. Or you can use one on the internet. Compare that to the minimum requirements.

Jan 4, 2019

My internet speed is 30mbps up and 15 down. I am able to stream PUBG Emulator perfectly on YT. but when i tried streaming Fortnite it started lagging and giving me dropped frame. i used 4000 as my bitrate in OBS. and streamed on 720p res. even after reducing my bitrate to 2500 Fortnite streaming was giving me dropped frame.

Then check the minimum requirements for Fortnite from the streaming service.

Jan 4, 2019

My system is just a little bit over the minimum system requirement.

i get 50-60 FPS on low setting but full 3d resolution.

Jan 4, 2019

the RX 570 8gb is not available here in India. i have option of RX 570 4gb or RX 580 8gb. Rx 580 is quite out of my budget.
So is there any other option?

I own this card, and I only paid $70 (MSI gives a free $100 gift card with purchase, look under the pricing info on newegg.)

Needless to say, I love this card. I won't upgrade it for 2-3 years. If you can provide a list of the stuff you stream I could possibly help to what framerate and settings you could run it on.

EDIT: after reading your original post I see that you will be ordering from outside the US. I have no clue what prices are outside of the USA, or what import costs may be. If the 8gb is too expensive then the 4GB will do just fine.

So should i go for 8gb RX 570 or 4gb would do the job? as 8 gb will go little out of budget. Also is there any other card you suggest.

I was responding to your question about " 8gb RX 570" . If it is unavailable, then the point is mute.

The similar graphics card on the Nvidia would be the GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1060. The RX 570 is between those two cards in performance.

actually, my experience with my card is its sort of between a 10603gb and a 1060 6gb, but it leans more towards the 3gb. It is much much better than the 1050Ti, and I can run the benchmarks to prove it.

I just looked at the reviews. In most games the RX-570 performance was 15 - 20 % below the GTX 1060 3GB. That puts the RX 570 between the GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1060. For an alternative GPU, that is the only choice without spending more.

And I don't care about your benchmarks, I doubt that you have a GTX 1060 to compare it with. So the point is irrelevant to the OP's question.

Jan 4, 2019

I would be mostly playing fortnite, PUBG, battlerite royale. Also if could get my hands on black ops 4 and overwatch.

My main concern is that here someone in my local store was telling me that its a must to have 8gb GPU for streaming and playing games. So i was a little sceptical about it and directly buying it.

So what your saying is that with 570 4gb it would work smoothly right?

As you might have read in the original post I am majorly having problem while streaming Fortnite. My OBS shows dropped frame 70% and goes up till 90%. If i dont stream and just record a gameplay via the OBS then also it shows dropped frame.

If you are playing games at a high level with high end components, then yes 8GB or 12GB of VRAM makes sense. Otherwise you can get by without it. If the RX 570 4GB is what you can afford, that is fine. The GTX 1060 would be an upgrade.

Operating with just 8GB of RAM is not a good idea if you are using the integrated graphics. The 8GB is really the minimum for a Windows 10 system. But when you allocate 2GB of RAM to the graphics, that leaves you with around 6GB to run the rest of the system. So increasing the RAM should be a priority.

Solution
Jan 4, 2019

I mostly play on low or medium setting to get the most out of my APU and get better FPS.

I guess i can play on low or medium setting and should probably go ahead with rx 570 4gb and upgrade ram.

Thanks for the help with whole confusion.

my 570 gets 90 fps on fortnite with almost everything on epic, it's quite a capable card (and there's a little difference between the 8gb and 4gb)