Question Can I trust an IPS panel which has 1ms response time?

Jan 9, 2021
I'm planning to buy a gaming monitor. As far as I know the refresh rate is correlated with fps that I get, if so then I'm okay with min 75hz.

Other than that my biggest concern is whenever I search for ips panels, which I really love, people talk about slow response time but sometimes I see ips monitors that have 1ms as well so I'm a bit confused. Anyone experienced any problems or downsides with 1ms ips panels? What should I do? Thank you for your answers in advance.

1ms is, well, peak and is never replicated irl.

Even TN panels are between 2-4 average.
With stuff like backlight strobing, on IPS panels you can get close to around 5-6.
More than enough for 60-75 hz, and actually enough for 120hz or so.

IPS panels are slow, but they are still more than fast enough with no fancy technologies for close to 60hz.

Reactions: ozlevin

Endre

Notable
Apr 30, 2019
IPS displays are actually the best besides OLED & QLED which are rarities.
By “the best” I mean color reproduction and viewing angles, giving you those crisp beautiful images (especially if the resolution is 4K, or at least 2K).

About refresh rate: the higher it is, the better it is (120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, etc.)

Reactions: ozlevin
Jan 9, 2021
I actually want an IPS monitor that doesn't have that mouse ghosting, I mean is it even possible to have no ghosting at all like the drag effect when you hold and move tabs all around?

ASK THE COMMUNITY