[SOLVED] Can I upgrade my asus laptop's cpu and software?

Solution
No, you cannot upgrade the processor. That laptop is far too old to support windows 10. It could, but it would operate slower than usual and the disk usage would be at 100% the majority of the time. I would suggest getting a new laptop or adding additional ram and a different storage solution, like an SSD. It would still be slow due to the AMD Dual Core CPU, but it would be faster than running the laptop will 2GB of ram and a 500GB HDD clocked at 5400rpm. Hope this helps.

butterfig

Honorable
BANNED
Feb 16, 2019
No, you cannot upgrade the processor. That laptop is far too old to support windows 10. It could, but it would operate slower than usual and the disk usage would be at 100% the majority of the time. I would suggest getting a new laptop or adding additional ram and a different storage solution, like an SSD. It would still be slow due to the AMD Dual Core CPU, but it would be faster than running the laptop will 2GB of ram and a 500GB HDD clocked at 5400rpm. Hope this helps.

Solution
You generally can't upgrade laptop CPU's as they are soldered to the motherboard, I wasn't able to find anything that would lead me to believe otherwise.

You should be able to upgrade to windows 10 as long as you have 2gb of ram, there are lots of guides online on how to do that.