[SOLVED] Can I upgrade this prebuild Acer pc

Mar 12, 2020
Hello I have this pc Acer Predator G3-605. It has i7 4790 non k and gtx 970 with 8 gb ram. I want to know if I can upgrade it with the Gainwar Geforce RTX 2070 card. Will I be able to put the card in my case on my Acer motherboard , do i need a better power supply (I thnk I have 500W) and do I need to have more ram? If I cant upgrade my pc with this card can you tell me some possible ways I can upgrade it. The PC is 5 years old now . Thank you .

Solution
then you definitely need to upgrade the mobo because it only has 1 PCI-e slot and for that frame rate in the newest games at a decent resolution, i'd recommend an SLI configuration
Mar 5, 2020
Can't say anything about your PSU without knowing your exact PSU. Nobody can responsibly say whether you need a new PSU or not without knowing the quality of your current PSU.
The exact PSU as listed in the specs of the machine (if original) is an 80 Plus Gold 500W power supply made by FSP Group and we can answer the question under the assumption that it's functional...

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020
How many years will the gtx 1070 do the job for? Is there a newer card than gtx 1070 that will work? Is there a chance for the Gainward rtx 2070 to work if I change the power supply to a more powerful one like 600 -750w and put more ram ?

Mar 5, 2020
That is a subjective question... many people will go a decade with a video card that is 20 years older... if you play the latest video games and use resource intensive applications for graphic design, then probably not. What do you need it to be able to do?

Mar 5, 2020
then you definitely need to upgrade the mobo because it only has 1 PCI-e slot and for that frame rate in the newest games at a decent resolution, i'd recommend an SLI configuration

Solution