[SOLVED] Can i use 144hz on hdmi with this monitor??

Dec 26, 2019
Hi i am planning to buy this monitor AOC C24G1 24“ and iv Heard from some people that it supports 144hz HDMI and other say you need a DisplayCable to run it at 144hz or it will be locked at 120hz is this true? Cus i dont have a Displayport on my pc? Can anyone give me an real and honest answer here?

Solution
All good. There's quite a few different configurations for the Acer Nitro N50 line including your specs at Acer's website. No reason not to trust it, just odd DP isn't included to take advantage of Gsync. I know you don't care about that but it is a mainstream useful feature and Acer should have included it for Nvidia cards.
Dec 26, 2019
Nvidia reference Gtx 1650 has Displayport. Which vendor model do you have that doesn't?

144Hz will work over HDMI but you won't get Freesync/Gsync on Nvidia cards which requires DP.
So i got the pc prebuild and on there site it does not specify witch model itis it only says it’s a Gtx 1650 thats it i opend my case and looked thereis only A Vga and a Hdmi 2.0 or 2.1b somthing lile that and it does not say on the card what it is but if it works with 144hz i dont care about Gsync

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Vga is usually the motherboard video port these days along with Hdmi giving video from the cpu's integrated graphics. The graphics card will be further down with more video ports.

If want to know if you do have DP, take a photo of the back and link picture.

Dec 26, 2019
Vga is usually the motherboard video port these days along with Hdmi giving video from the cpu's integrated graphics. The graphics card will be further down with more video ports.

If want to know if you do have DP, take a photo of the back and link picture.
Il take a picure why not good to know :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah Hdmi up top must belong to the motherboard and down the bottom DVI D and Hdmi belonging to the graphics card. Interesting that it doesn't have Displayport in this day and age, especially for an 10 series Nvidia graphics card. Oh well, doesn't matter, 144Hz will still work.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
All good. There's quite a few different configurations for the Acer Nitro N50 line including your specs at Acer's website. No reason not to trust it, just odd DP isn't included to take advantage of Gsync. I know you don't care about that but it is a mainstream useful feature and Acer should have included it for Nvidia cards.

Solution
Dec 26, 2019
All good. There's quite a few different configurations for the Acer Nitro N50 line including your specs at Acer's website. No reason not to trust it, just odd DP isn't included to take advantage of Gsync. I know you don't care about that but it is a mainstream useful feature and Acer should have included it.
Totally agreed on that tho but whats there is there im just happy that i can play at 144hz i mostly play competetive titles like csgo and less ones like Fortnite You have bean really helpfull and tank you so much for the answers :)