Question can i use 430W psu for rx 580 4gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2019
hello guys
im going to upgrade my gpu from gt 730 to rx 580 4gb and my psu is green silver 430 W so if i dont overclock the gpu can i use my current psu for now? i allready bought cpu i5 7400 ،8 gb ram and h110 plus asus mother board so im empty after buying rx 580 for real
so can i play for now? or should i wait for money to get 500 W psu

my psu is green silver 430 W

Is that a PSU brand ? Can you post a link, or exact specs of this unit ? For the RX 580 AMD recommends a min 500 Watts high-quality unit. I'm skeptical about the build quality of your current PSU. Do not take any risk.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Jul 2, 2019
Is that a PSU brand ? Can you post a link, or exact specs of this unit ? For the RX 580 AMD recommends a min 500 Watts high-quality unit. I'm skeptical about the build quality of your current PSU. Do not take any risk.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.
hi this is a link about the psu
http://www.green-case.com/products/power/power.php?model=GP430A-EU
and i know it wants 500w psu but cant i use it for medium low gaming for less than a month till i cam afford 500W psu?

NO. There is going to be a huge RISK factor. That Model can only deliver 300 Watts/25A on both the +12V rails combined. Apart from this, it looks like some local generic low-quality PSU. It's your wish, if you really want this PSU to power up the RX 580.

I won't advice doing this. What if this PSU takes away the GPU with itself ? Will you be able to afford a new GPU and PSU afterwards ?

Reactions: IRmehdi
Jul 2, 2019
I would NOT use 430W PSU to run an Rx580.
From experience, you would be pushing that PSU to it's max and probably beyond.
Without knowing the brand of PSU, NO is the answer

Also if you buy a cheap 500W PSU - you still won't be able to use it safely.
ok so not recommended at all
allright thank you for your time bro

Jul 2, 2019
NO. There is going to be a huge RISK factor. That Model can only deliver 300 Watts/25A on both the +12V rails combined. Apart from this, it looks like some local generic low-quality PSU. It's your wish, if you really want this PSU to power up the RX 580.

I won't advice doing this. What if this PSU takes away the GPU with itself ? Will you be able to afford a new GPU and PSU afterwards ?
i got your point so ill wait to buy better psu thank you for you time ❤️

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Jul 2, 2019
You have to buy a Quality PSU rated at 500W-600W - not some offbrand.
If you state your budget/country where you can buy things from, people can recommend you what to get, so you don't blow/melt your computer
i lives in iran dude... economy sucks here after USAs Sanctions you know every single dollor worth 12.500 rial so no budget here for now i am allready broken from buying rx 580... do the matt 😂😂 ill try to find some expert guy about psu so thanks

i lives in iran dude... economy sucks here after USAs Sanctions you know every single dollor worth 12.500 rial so no budget here for now i am allready broken from buying rx 580... do the matt 😂😂 ill try to find some expert guy about psu so thanks
I hear you and I am sorry about what has happened to your country. Most of us Europeans are for Iran, but sadly we have to tow the American line. It also screwed up a lot of European Businesses because of the investment the EU were going to put in Iran as well.

Although, I didn't like the Dog law that was bought in a few months back, very sad indeed :(

Anyway, enough about politics, neither of us can change it :(

Reactions: IRmehdi
Jul 2, 2019
I hear you and I am sorry about what has happened to your country. Most of us Europeans are for Iran, but sadly we have to tow the American line. It also screwed up a lot of European Businesses because of the investment the EU were going to put in Iran as well.

Although, I didn't like the Dog law that was bought in a few months back, very sad indeed :(

Anyway, enough about politics, neither of us can change it :(
yeah i wish everything get back to normal faster people having a hard time bro its like state of decay here... -_- and our government is pure [censored]. im stop complaining so
i wish u having a good day man 😉 sorry for bad english

Status
Not open for further replies.