Question Can i use a laptop display with my desktop pc?

Feb 25, 2019
Hi! (btw sorry if this is worded weird, im kind of in a hurry) Recently the monitor that i use for my desktop that i use for work has been broken. I ordered a new monitor, but i have somthing that needs to be done before the monitor gets here and i need my desktops specs to be able to handle the workload. i have a laptop for work as well, but it cannot handle the intensive work that i require. i was wondering if i could somehow connect my desktop to my laptops led display and use it as if i had an external display for my desktop

Feb 25, 2019
Unfortunately, most laptops don't have a video input port, i.e. there's no method to get the video signal from the desktop into the laptop. If you have a thunderbolt port on your laptop, it might be possible.
thank you for the feedback. i do actually have a thunderbolt port on the laptop, but not on the video card or the motherboards i/o for the desktop. thank you very much anyway!

Feb 25, 2019
^Agreed. Most laptops are "output" not "input". There are a couple that exist that can do both but, if you had one, you'd know it.

Do you have a TV you could use for the purposes of completing this workload?
i do not have a tv i could use but its fine, my monitor will be here friday. thanks so much anyway!

i was wondering if i could somehow connect my desktop to my laptops led display and use it as if i had an external display for my desktop
You can run Remote Desktop from laptop to your PC and operate your pc this way.
Remote Desktop service must be enabled before this functionality is available. It is not enabled by default.

Allow-remote-connections-in-the-Windows-10-Control-Panel.png