[SOLVED] Can I use a mining board for gaming?

Feb 18, 2020
So the issue I am having is that I am currently trying to upgrade my whole pc other than my cpu which is a i7-7700 and what I have found is that there arent many motherboards that are affordable and available that supports the 7th gen processor. I have found a motherboard that is in my price range and can support it the GIGABYTE GA-H110-D3A. I was just wondering will it being a mining board have any major affects on gaming for reference I have a 1660 super 6gb and 16gb ram 3200MHz

Solution
Why are you looking to upgrade your motherboard? H110 does not support 3200 ram. You would need a Z270 board for that. Personally, I would recommend against investing in a dead end platform.
Feb 18, 2020
The whole reason why I wanted to upgrade my motherboard started from me originally just wanting to upgrade my gpu as I had a pre-built with a 1050. After searching I found the 1660 but then I found out that the power supply I had was very close to the power just needed to run all my components and I was also thinking about overclocking so then I need to upgrade my power supply. The lead to me needing to get a new case as this one could not allow for new PSU's to be installed in and this all leads to the motherboard. The one I had was built to work with the case and has cuts and divots in it and if I got a new case I would also need a new motherboard that all lead m to this.

logainofhades

Titan
The R7 3700x would be more comparable to a current gen i7. The 3600, imo, is a superior all around cpu, compared to your locked i7 7700. It's direct competition, is the new 6 core i5's, which are not quite as good, overall.

The slightly faster 3600x, can hold its own fairly well, against a far more expensive 8700k, at stock.

TRENDING THREADS