Question Can i use an argb hub without a 3pin motherboard?

Jul 23, 2024
Hi so i recently built a pc and chasis fans and cpu cooler are argb. Unfortunately for me, my mobo doesnt have an argb hub (ikik i bought the parts AFTER i bought the mobo and then couldn't replace it) Either way, i was wondering if i could buy an argb hub specifically this one, can i just use sata from psu and connect the fans's 3pin connector to this and use a software to get it working? Cause most people I saw were using the hub as an extension to connect all fans to main first fan rather than a supplement for lack of headers. So idk if it'll work or not without the 3pin connector and just the sata.Any help?:/

Hi so i recently built a pc and chasis fans and cpu cooler are argb. Unfortunately for me, my mobo doesnt have an argb hub (ikik i bought the parts AFTER i bought the mobo and then couldn't replace it) Either way, i was wondering if i could buy an argb hub specifically this one, can i just use sata from psu and connect the fans's 3pin connector to this and use a software to get it working? Cause most people I saw were using the hub as an extension to connect all fans to main first fan rather than a supplement for lack of headers. So idk if it'll work or not without the 3pin connector and just the sata.Any help?:/
Not that one, hubs don't have an ARGB controller, they are just distributing signal from MB. What you need is full fledged ARGB controller that has at least USB connection to control lights thru software.
Something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Chroma...eywords=argb+controller&qid=1721720144&sr=8-3

Reactions: Paperdoc
Jul 23, 2024
Not that one, hubs don't have an ARGB controller, they are just distributing signal from MB. What you need is full fledged ARGB controller that has at least USB connection to control lights thru software.
Something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Chroma...eywords=argb+controller&qid=1721720144&sr=8-3
yeah i did some research after posting and realized it will only power up the leds and not give me an option to change the leds as that would need a 3pin connector which my mobo doesnt have. these corsair/razer hubs are expensive af if i was gonna spend that much i couldve bought a better mobo lol, currently thinking of goin with a hub that has a remote im guessing that would work?

yeah i did some research after posting and realized it will only power up the leds and not give me an option to change the leds as that would need a 3pin connector which my mobo doesnt have. these corsair/razer hubs are expensive af if i was gonna spend that much i couldve bought a better mobo lol, currently thinking of goin with a hub that has a remote im guessing that would work?
Yes, those with remote (wired or not) will work but can't be controlled by SW without some connection with system. That Razer one is among cheapest.