Question Can I use Asus CrashFree Bios 3 When Motherboard doesn’t post

Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
My question is simple I am having no post/display and I want to get it fixed by Updating Bios, Now the problem is My motherboard Asus rog strix H370-F Gaming doesn’t have any specified bios flashback usb port or any bios button but it does support Asus CrashFree Bios 3.. So how does it actually work when there is no post. Do I have to remove cpu and ram and plug in usb with bios in it and then turn on the PC..? Or I don’t have to remove cpu and ram.. just plug the bios usb and the rest will be sone by Asus CrashFree Bios 3… Keep in mind I am not getting any display when I turn on the PC.. PC doesn’t post
Do I have to use the renamer to rename the bios or I should just simply rename it to “AsusBios”
Thanks budds in in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Most people tend to pair the wrong CPU with the right motherboard, others tend to not notice that there were broken or bent pins on the CPU socket. Other instances are where the end user forgot to connect all necessary power connectors.

Might want to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To answer your simple question;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E13589_ROG_STRIX_H370-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
page 3-25, you will need a thumb drive that has an LED on it to indicate if the drive is in use. I'd also use USB2.0 ports on the back of the motherboard, with the BIOS file being in the root directory of said thumb drive.

Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Most people tend to pair the wrong CPU with the right motherboard, others tend to not notice that there were broken or bent pins on the CPU socket. Other instances are where the end user forgot to connect all necessary power connectors.

Might want to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU: i5-8600K
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix H370-F
Ram: G.Skill TridentZ F4-3000C16S single 8gb
SSD/HDD: Gigabyte 256nvme m.2 & normal hd
GPU: RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+
PSU: Corsair Vs 650W
Chassis: Corsair Carbide Spec-05

To answer your simple question;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E13589_ROG_STRIX_H370-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
page 3-25, you will need a thumb drive that has an LED on it to indicate if the drive is in use. I'd also use USB2.0 ports on the back of the motherboard, with the BIOS file being in the root directory of said thumb drive.
Ehm still so curious on this, PC ain’t posting/No display still do I have to insert the Led type usb containing bios file into back 2.0 ports…?
Please answer… and Renamer should be used for bios rename or I have to normally rename it to Asusbios …? And format it should be..? Bin or Other extension…?

Lutfij

Titan
Nowhere in the manual or the support site for the motherboard(where the BIOS files are listed) is there mention of renaming the BIOS to anything outside of what's inside the zipped file. Nothing whatsoever of changing the extension either.

How old is the PSU in your build?

Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Nowhere in the manual or the support site for the motherboard(where the BIOS files are listed) is there mention of renaming the BIOS to anything outside of what's inside the zipped file. Nothing whatsoever of changing the extension either.

How old is the PSU in your build?
It is like been 3yrs now..
After hovering on the web, I came to only one hope, updating bios to the latest version may help get the post back, the current bios on my mobo is 1202 after that there’s been 10x updates.. So the actual question is Can Asus CrashFree Bios 3 update the bios while there is no post.. tell me how to update it like cpu and ram should remain on mobo or ai should remove them…

TRENDING THREADS