[SOLVED] Can i use both ports for 2 monitors with this KVM switch?

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
So i am looking for an KVM switch, because i would like to connect my laptop to my desktop monitor, but the problem is if i could use both ports for 2 monitors?

This is the link for the KVM switch:

https://www.sicomputers.nl/delock-11367-kvm-switch-zwart-456577.html

and here is an image with the 2 ports i was talking about

45657719634681-4698.jpg

Can i use the HDMI import for monitor 1 and the displayport for monitor 2 at the same time?

Solution
A laptop with a single HDMI can't have two external monitors without additional laptop hardware. You could get a USB3 to HDMI display adapter to connect the second monitor.
With what you have said, there is no way to get two monitors for your laptop.

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
So i need a dual KVM switch to actually connect 2 monitors to multiple machines?

but does that mean i have to connect more than 2 input's?

how is this going to work with laptop which only has 1 hdmi plug?

kanewolf

Titan
So i need a dual KVM switch to actually connect 2 monitors to multiple machines?

but does that mean i have to connect more than 2 input's?

how is this going to work with laptop which only has 1 hdmi plug?
The unit you listed would only work with an HDMI output laptop if you puchased an adapter that converted it to displayport. A laptop with a single HDMI can only have one external monitor. You could get an HDMI KVM to switch one monitor between your desktop and laptop or if your monitor has multiple inputs, it may be just as easy to use the input selector on the monitor.

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
The unit you listed would only work with an HDMI output laptop if you puchased an adapter that converted it to displayport. A laptop with a single HDMI can only have one external monitor. You could get an HDMI KVM to switch one monitor between your desktop and laptop or if your monitor has multiple inputs, it may be just as easy to use the input selector on the monitor.

okay, but what about if i have 2 monitors? do i need an dual kvm switch or would it simply not work with an desktop/laptop to 2 monitors, 1 keyboard and 1 mouse?

kanewolf

Titan
A laptop with a single HDMI can't have two external monitors without additional laptop hardware. You could get a USB3 to HDMI display adapter to connect the second monitor.
With what you have said, there is no way to get two monitors for your laptop.

Solution