Question Can I use my original CD version of GTA Vice City on a PC with Win 11?

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I was able to load both CD's, but don't have the shortcut or the option to "Autorun". Do I have to buy another through Steam or is there a workaround?

was able to load both CD's, but don't have the shortcut
this should have come from a DVD package, not from CD.

if this is a PC version of the game, files should be installed to the system from the DVD(s).
there should be an .exe file in this installation folder for launching the game.
you can also check the Start Menu for a game folder.
if not, then the .exe will still be located on the DVD and will need to be run from there.
you can create a shortcut to this file, wherever it exists, and place that shortcut wherever you want.

it's still possible that Windows 11 just doesn't support this old of an installation procedure.
if that is the case, you may need to install into an older OS version.
you can also try right-clicking on the DVD's installation .exe and choosing an older version of Windows "compatibility mode".

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I was able to load both CD's, but don't have the shortcut or the option to "Autorun". Do I have to buy another through Steam or is there a workarou

I was able to load both CD's, but don't have the shortcut or the option to "Autorun". Do I have to buy another through Steam or is there a workaround?
Chances are slim to none. Bummed when my Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit II quit working with windows 10. Logitech G29 foot pedals also stopped functioning with that game. Forget about OS11. Some old games have hacks. On the most part, old games are not known for their longevity. They want you to buy new games not play old hacks.