Can I Use VR

Solution
Well, I'd say you can but I wouldn't recommend it if you do not get the VR gear for free. While it is cool for few sessions VR is not that far yet and even with a high-end PC the fact that current major glasses still have quite low pixel densities makes your experience worse than what you might expect. It's still a cool gadget but IMHO you would have much more fun with some decent PC upgrades - especially for your CPU, which you might actually see in most games. So at the very least (maybe you already did) I'd test VR first, also so you can see whether you are sensitive to motion sickness.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Modern (Haswell or FX onwards) Quad-Core + 1060 or 480 is the generally accepted "minimum" for the Rift or HTC Vive...... so it's most likely a "no" for anything remotely playable.

I'm not 100% sure what this is referring to with "Windows Mixed Reality Ultra PC", but you'd technically meet the requirements there... just (CPU isnt ideal with a dual-core +HT, but should work).
https://www.roadtovr.com/how-to-tell-pc-virtual-reality-vr-oculus-rift-htc-vive-steam-vr-compatibility-tool/

DavidUSSR

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

I can use only Rift and Vive ?

ryzenlover2017

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
Although not ideal... There are a few tests on YouTube of a 1050 running vr pretty well. Knowing a 1050 has near equal preformance to the 960... I believe that a wide variety of games would be playable... Unless you get motion sickness really easily, and than you may have an issue.

DavidUSSR

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

and again, can I use and vr headset ?

ryzenlover2017

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
Vr should work well, with everything other than the best looking games... So unless you get motion sick, than it is very likely to work pretty well. That said, I say go for oculus as the rift has built in features to work better with lower specs.

quad2012

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Well, I'd say you can but I wouldn't recommend it if you do not get the VR gear for free. While it is cool for few sessions VR is not that far yet and even with a high-end PC the fact that current major glasses still have quite low pixel densities makes your experience worse than what you might expect. It's still a cool gadget but IMHO you would have much more fun with some decent PC upgrades - especially for your CPU, which you might actually see in most games. So at the very least (maybe you already did) I'd test VR first, also so you can see whether you are sensitive to motion sickness.

Solution

ryzenlover2017

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
I totally agree... As cool as vr can be... I think the money can be better spent in other areas... You could just get a Nintendo switch for 300 dollars. That will have so much more longevity than vr. But as I said, after putting some thought into it... You could run oculus well enough.