Question Can ips glow reduce over time?

Mar 15, 2024
Hi

Is there a possibility that ips glow can reduce over time?
I heard heating the frame by using 100 % brightness and leave it on overnight can help reduce it.

No, because this is the nature of IPS displays. If IPS glow bothers you, the only way to "eliminate" it is to reduce your perception of it. The easiest way to do that is to view the monitor somewhere with bright enough ambient light.

Taking a picture or video of your monitor isn't going to really work here, unless you have access to pro-grade stuff and are doing your darnedest to make what the camera takes a picture of match what you're seeing.

I did a quick test just to confirm this with my iPhone 15. In pitch blackness I can see some glow from an IPS monitor on my laptop, but the camera sees it lit up like a Christmas tree to the point where it was casting a glow on the keyboard area. When I added a dim light (which I don't have any specs for, but you could comfortably look at it), the glow significantly diminished perceptually, but the camera still picked up a lot of it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
For example: View: https://imgur.com/gallery/FpCmLXr

Same monitor as mine, but that one is much worse.

And one that looks quite similar to mine:

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/NQG6a

And yes, the camera can see it way better than human eyes.

Basically not that noticeable since you are meant to be looking at the center of the screen. If I bother to pay attention I can see my backlight bleed in broad daylight as a slight discoloration to game HUDs in the bottom right corner.

Hi

Is there a possibility that ips glow can reduce over time?
I heard heating the frame by using 100 % brightness and leave it on overnight can help reduce it.
There are ways to make it less noticeable which is to drop down the brightness most ips I've bought are like at 45 brightness diming it to 35-30 fixed my issue. Other ways are to adjust black level if monitor has it