Question Can it cool well ?

wm3797

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
Build is i9-13900K with the new BeQuiet Elite, with ASUS ROG STRIX z790-A GAMING and 64GB ram, no graphics card. Can the air cooler handle this cpu or do I have to get an AIO ?

It depends on what you're trying to do with the system and how it's configured. It's not a bad cooler, but there are better air coolers that cost less like the Phantom Spirit, Peerless Assassin, Frost Spirit if Thermalright is available in your region. The Noctua D15 will also do a better job and is around the same cost.

A 360mm AIO will have more thermal capacity than an air cooler, but unless you're running above 253W/overclocking a good air cooler will do the job fine.

Reactions: wm3797
As far as I know, that is a pretty good air cooler.

You certainly don't have to go with liquid......

You could just let the CPU throttle as it sees fit...might be rarely if ever.

Have you investigated BIOS settings? Motherboard differ considerably on how they are configured from the factory regarding watts and temps.

Just to be safe, at what temperatures should I be concerned even if I'm NOT running above 253w/overclocking ?
Temperatures aren't particularly a good measure with the current crop of CPUs as they run relatively hot period. If your CPU is under all core load I'd expect 90C+ but for something lighter like gaming 60s-70s probably. How hot the room is and case design/airflow will certainly impact these numbers as well.

wm3797

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
You mean, 60s to 70s for gaming and 90s for all core load are expected temperature ranges for those uses or I should be concerned that it should NOT hit those temps, with those uses, with BeQuiet Elite?