Can my entire family upload pics and video to the WD My Cloud Mirror?

lrbacheller

Commendable
May 11, 2016
I am looking for an external storage device that can be networked to a home PC and accessible thru wifi. I need something my family can upload videos and pics to for storage. I would also like to have file storage system for my kids to centralize files so they can access them from all PCs in the house. I would also like to be able to access pics from the internet outside the home.

I have looked at both the WD My Cloud Mirror and the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra. The 6TB My Cloud Mirror is a lot cheaper (about half), but want to make sure it works for what I want.

Someone please hlep...

Solution
Welcome to the TH community, lrbacheller!

Both WD Cloud options would be suitable for your purpose. The WD My Cloud Mirror is a part of our Consumer NAS storage solutions, whereas the WD My Cloud EX models represent our Expert Series.

The WD My Cloud Mirror allows you to keep all your content in one safe place on your home network and it's equipped with two HDDs that are set in Mirror Mode a.k.a. RAID 1. This way your data is stored on one drive nad automatically duplicated onto the second one. Either way, off-site backups are always recommended! Make sure you have at least two copies of your most precious files stored somewhere else as well.

This WD NAS offers flexible backup options for all...
Welcome to the TH community, lrbacheller!

Both WD Cloud options would be suitable for your purpose. The WD My Cloud Mirror is a part of our Consumer NAS storage solutions, whereas the WD My Cloud EX models represent our Expert Series.

The WD My Cloud Mirror allows you to keep all your content in one safe place on your home network and it's equipped with two HDDs that are set in Mirror Mode a.k.a. RAID 1. This way your data is stored on one drive nad automatically duplicated onto the second one. Either way, off-site backups are always recommended! Make sure you have at least two copies of your most precious files stored somewhere else as well.

This WD NAS offers flexible backup options for all your computers and devices. My Cloud mobile and web access give you freedom to easily access all your photos and videos using any PC, tablet or smartphone that is connected to your network and the Cloud itself. The WD Sync option also synchronizes your favorite content across all your computers and your My Cloud Mirror device, so you can be confident that your important files are always up to date and accessible from all your devices.

You can check more about the step-by-step instructions on how to set it up in our WD Knowledge base.

If you have more questions. Keep me posted! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution