Question Can my hp 6305 sff run AMD A10 5800K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2022
I have a pre built system hp 6305 sff with AMD A8 5500b. Hp says it does support AMD A10 5800b but has not mentioned AMD A10 5800K so my question is will it support AMD A10 5800K.

Dec 10, 2022
Assuming the OEM BIOS (ask HP about this) will actually ID and work with the "K" model, the only difference between the 2 is that the "K" model supports overclocking. As your motherboard is OEM and doesn't support overclocking it's a waste of money to go with the "K" model.
But I don't want overclocking. The problem is that i am unable to find AMD A10 5800B processor while AMD A10 5800K is easily available so i want to buy that for upgrade. Therefore i want to know that if my pc will support that processor or not.

USAFRet

Titan
Reactions: Peace Warrior

USAFRet

Titan
Reactions: Peace Warrior
Jul 31, 2022
Hello

I don't work for HP or alongside them. I am not affiliated with HP in any way nor am I paid by them.

However I consider myself an expert on HP products due to a large amount of experience with them.

Officially the computer you have only supports the 5000B series of processors. Nothing else has been validated or tested by HP. However the latest bios supports nearly all of the processors of that generation for that socket.

Realistically speaking the processor you want to put in there should run fine. The issue HP has with processors it hasn't validated are largely power consumption in relation to the motherboard's vrms and heat. As long as you properly repaste the CPU when you install the new one, I believe you should be fine.

Your computer has the AMD a75 chipset, which does support the 5800K.

Status
Not open for further replies.