[SOLVED] Can my motherboard recognize the GT 1030?

Cristiano1234

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
I want to upgrade my HP Compaq DC7900 Minitower, with a GT 1030 and I don't know if my motherboard will recognize it. Can you help me? If it doesn't recognize it can you tell me a good graphics card for my motherboard(gaming) .Here are some specifications :
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 2.66GHz.
BIOS Version/Date: Hewlett-Packard 786G1 v01.16, 3/5/2009
SMBIOS Version : 2.5
Embedded Controller Version : 255.255
BIOS Mode: Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Model: Not Available
System Model : HP Compaq dc7900 Convertible Minitower

Solution
For the sake of relevance, I don't think you should drop any money into that Prebuilt system. In fact at the age of the processor/system/unit, the PSU will not be capable of delivering the necessary amount of power to the entire system with the GT1030 populating the system.

To make matters a little sketchy, the system will lack UEFI BIOS support which will mean you're going to see a black screen in spite of you booting into OS GUI even if you managed to power the GPU with an aftermarket PSU.

So my answer would be don't bother.

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of relevance, I don't think you should drop any money into that Prebuilt system. In fact at the age of the processor/system/unit, the PSU will not be capable of delivering the necessary amount of power to the entire system with the GT1030 populating the system.

To make matters a little sketchy, the system will lack UEFI BIOS support which will mean you're going to see a black screen in spite of you booting into OS GUI even if you managed to power the GPU with an aftermarket PSU.

So my answer would be don't bother.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Solution

Cristiano1234

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
So can you suggest me a suitable graphics card?
I can't afford a new gaming pc, because I am 16 years old and I can't afford one beacause my parents dont want to buy me a new one.
So I gathered 100$ for upgrading my pc.

Last edited:

Cristiano1234

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
So I want to upgrade my and GT 1030 is not suitable, can u suggest me a gaming graphics card that is suitable for my pc please?
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 2.66GHz.
BIOS Version/Date: Hewlett-Packard 786G1 v01.16, 3/5/2009
SMBIOS Version : 2.5
Embedded Controller Version : 255.255
BIOS Mode: Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Model: Not Available
System Model : HP Compaq dc7900 Convertible Minitower