Can my system work with rtx 2080 and should i upgrade?

Jan 1, 2019
I5 7500 none k
Msi h110m vd pro
1×2133 16gb ddr4
Sapphire rx 480 nitro + 8gb
250 kingston ssd
1tb wd
Corsair 550 modular psu
Antec gx330
Arctic freezer 7 rev.2

For the record at the time i couldnt afford even a decent rig so i went budget hard and till now everything worked fineat 1080 60 hz but:

I Got myself a new tv thet will be used also as a 4k gaming screen (nu8000 55inch samsung ).
At 4k:
games like forza horizon 4 will work fine on medium settings 60 frames and wont fall below 40 frames when oc the gpu to 1400 hz.
But also some games will crush my gpu after 10 mins like ffxv low settings
And ac odyssey medium when also gpu oc and with 80% fan use

So should i upgrade my gpu to rtx 2080 even with all the hate and high price ? Or wait a bit for thet the price will go down ? And can i even upgrade with this rig?
Want to get a decent gpu thet will keep up with AAA games and wont crash.
And before you ask i fully cleaned my rig couple of times til all the dust vanished and airflow is fine .

Any advice/comment will be much appreciated

Solution
I was in a similar situation, just upgraded my 2500k / 8gb / r9 390 rig to a ryzen 2600x / 16gb / 1070 ti in preparation for both VR and my monitor upgrade I am going to do in a week or two (and still undecided if I should go for a 1080p/144hz or a 2k/60hz, but that'a another story lol)...

IMHO I think it's best to wait it out for both the next-gen ryzen and for the bugs to be worked out of the 20xx series cards (and not to mention the next-gen gpus in 3q this year), prices will drop again as usual - so for now just disable any scaling on your TV and set it to 1080p, if you sit farther back at least 5' I don't think you will notice as much and still get good frames :)
It will working without problem but your PSU is not likely powerful enough to push a 2080
But also consider to go for a at least H-series motherboard..zs in order make reliable and more flawless gameplay experience on a such resolution other than that your CPU is sort of enough

Also, doesn't the nu8000 support FREESYNC to which Nvidia does not? (checked FreeSync is available on the NU8000, Q6FN, Q7FN, Q8FN, and Q9FN. Once you’ve installed the latest firmware on one of those TVs, you can find it under Game Mode in the settings menu.)

So if you buy an Nvidia card, you may experience screen tearing.

Jan 1, 2019
Tnx for the respond , so which card you think i should go for? Amd didnt release a decent gpu except vega 64 thet hes performance is slower compared to the rtx cards , in my region btw i cant update the firmware of the tv becoese of a region restriction ,(from israel) , and i will get a new psu , about the mobo i will change overtime .

I was in a similar situation, just upgraded my 2500k / 8gb / r9 390 rig to a ryzen 2600x / 16gb / 1070 ti in preparation for both VR and my monitor upgrade I am going to do in a week or two (and still undecided if I should go for a 1080p/144hz or a 2k/60hz, but that'a another story lol)...

IMHO I think it's best to wait it out for both the next-gen ryzen and for the bugs to be worked out of the 20xx series cards (and not to mention the next-gen gpus in 3q this year), prices will drop again as usual - so for now just disable any scaling on your TV and set it to 1080p, if you sit farther back at least 5' I don't think you will notice as much and still get good frames :)

Solution