[SOLVED] Can not create partition on HDD (there is no space available)

Nov 15, 2020
Hello,

Im using e lenovo y520 laptop i7-7700, 8Gb RAM. I just bought an SSD and managed to install wind 10 on it (GPT not MBR) and also i have a 2 TB HDD in which i would like to store all my stuff. I can see my HDD in Disk Management Tool but i cant create a new Simple volume partition. every time i try that it gives me "not eough space error", i tryed different third party software and got the same error.
I must mention that when i installed windows on SSD i just unpluged my HDD and after instalation i plugged it back in and i had all my files in it and i formated them both and after that deleted them because i tought i could merge these two togheter but now i just have 2 unloccated partitions on HDD and i cant do anything with them. And i also have (on HDD) 2 Healty(Recovery Partition) and 1 EFI System partition. I have a photo with the disk management tool but i couldnt post it.

Thank you

Solution
I tryed imgur and imgBB and every time i put the link in is says "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator"
here is the link though. I'm sorry if i'm not allowed to post the link directly here, but i`m runnig out of options.
Clean the hdd, repartition and reformat it.
diskpart
list disk
select disk 1
clean
create partition primary
format fs=ntfs quick
assign letter=D:
exit

Do this only, if you installed windows with HDD disconnected. If HDD was connected during install, your system may not boot anymore after this.
I tryed imgur and imgBB and every time i put the link in is says "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator"
here is the link though. I'm sorry if i'm not allowed to post the link directly here, but i`m runnig out of options.
Clean the hdd, repartition and reformat it.
diskpart
list disk
select disk 1
clean
create partition primary
format fs=ntfs quick
assign letter=D:
exit

Do this only, if you installed windows with HDD disconnected. If HDD was connected during install, your system may not boot anymore after this.

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 15, 2020
Thank you so much SkyNetRising. It did work and also it gave me all the space in one partition as i wanted from the start.
Ben2Bad you can use the code SkyNetRising provided with powershell or cmd (i used powershell with admin rights).