Can only get 60fps constantly in GTA:V on lowest possible settings, I have no idea where the issues is

thedarkwolf25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
So I am having an issue keeping GTA:V at 60fps without stuttering or frame drops.
Here is my setup:

Motherboard: ASrock z77 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz
RAM: 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 4Gb
SSD: Adata SX900

Now I have tried pretty much everything that I have seen everyone else suggest.
Here is what I have tried:

Unparking CPU Cores
Increasing and disabling page file
Setting PC power settings to maximum
Using latest Nvidia drivers (currently using 352.86)
Disabling Nvidia stream service
Setting GTAV process to high priority
Setting GTAV launcher process to idle priority
Using Memory Cleaner
Reinstalling OS and Nvidia drivers
Both game and OS are on SSD
Using Geforce optimized settings
OCing GPU through Nvidia Inspector
Not using Self Radio

No matter what combination of settings I use I always wind up dipping below 60, getting 20 - 30 fps drops, or both. I don't appear to be having any temp issues as the highest I have seen my CPU get is 72 and 63 for the GPU. I am truly at my wits end here, I can play the game with good performance at absolute lowest settings, but that just makes me not even want to play.

Do you guys have any idea what could be going wrong? Also, I can play BF4 at near max settings with 1440p DSR and get over 80 fps almost all the time, so I am hesitant to think that this is a hardware issue. But since I am asking for help nothing is off the table. Any ideas or suggestions?

EDIT: I run borderless windowed at 1080p 60Hz

dsr07mm

Distinguished
Turn off everything in advanced settings, dont use MSAA more then 2x on GTX970 and turn OFF VSYNC ingame, then turn ON adaptive vsync in 3d settings through nvidia panel.

Everything what you did is irelevant :)

thedarkwolf25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

What settings would you suggest? Everything on high? Very high?

thedarkwolf25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Ok Adaptive Vsync is on (was on anyways), MSAA is off, all advanced settings are off, in-game vsync is off (which means I get that wonderful input lag in the pause menus), and everything is set to high aside from aside from reflection MSAA amd anisitropic filtering which are both off.

I am now above 60 for the most part but I am still getting random frame drops of 20 - 30 fps which causes the game to stutter and freeze for a second.

thedarkwolf25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

I should have clarified, my fps doesn't drop to 20 or 30 fps, it drops by 20 or 30 and when that happens the game freezes for a second.

thedarkwolf25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
I don't know, I've had it ever since they patched the game and settings don't seem to affect it at all. Before they patched it the game ran fine and I never had any issues, online or in single player.

dsr07mm

Distinguished

Well I have same GPU and I'm playing everything completely ultra, except again MSAA 2x and advanced settings off. I have 99% of the time 60fps with adaptive vsync from nvidia 3d settings. No reason to get lower settings with that gpu.

thedarkwolf25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

Hence my confusion.

traceyates

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Your issues sound identical to mine. I also have a GTX 970. I still have the issues currently and I see no one has replied to this in a while. Did it ever start working right for you?